MikeyGordon

Moonlight Blue BAMpot

Hello all.

I first spotted this Corrado about 6 months ago while I was out for a run on my R6, stopped for a quick look then took off again. Then last month I was driving past and spotted the owner of the house coming out so I stopped to ask if it was for sale. She told me her man was planning on selling it, as it wasn't getting used, but it wasn't actually up for sale yet. I got his number and let him know I was interested. I went in past today to have a good look round it and walked away with a lighter bank and a new Corrado lol.

It has a BAM engine installed and I believe it runs QPEng management.

It has switchable maps, first stage is decent enough for cruising but the second stage is pretty damn quick. The quickest car I have driven anyway. There is a few niggles I.e. Wipers inu work on full and do not park, heaters don't work but there is a blower motor in the boot, wether that's a spare or it's just been taken out I do not know yet.

Anyway here is some pictures, hopefully someone will know the car and give me some info on its history.

I gave it a quick wash and Hoover out today, also done some investigating into a couple of issues.

c42b554a5be77e292b9a8f1243c3125b.jpg

8fcc3cc4ce59a24deba8659eb94ae075.jpg

2713df67f18cf02edeea94d76b971747.jpg

eeb8a30aa38e9d0164a3c005e0e021a7.jpg

79e80a204479f20a6a99ce075708dba8.jpg

dd5a8a6c0c9cedecda020aa161c62f5f.jpg

The wipers not working was due to the relay hanging out the fusebox lol, plugged it in and the wipers work on all speeds and park correctly.

The blower motor not working was due to the fact it wasn't installed and it was in the boot, I plugged it in but it was dead, I robbed the motor out of my mk2 and swapped over the resistor thingy as mk2 uses 3 speed, Rado 4 speed... That now works a treat.

Also the drivers seat was a bit wobbly! Found the rubber slider thing for the Middle runner in the door card so I pulled the seat out, fitted the slider and took the plastic sliders for the side runners off my mk2 as the Rado ones were nowhere to be seen!

Okay the dodgy wiring, hanging fusebox and unknown wiring, circuit board thing etc all need to be sorted.

How hard is it to remove the dash on these things?

The mk2 isn't too hard and there is a lot of similarities between the two so hopefully it isn't too bad.

Here's a couple of photos of what I can't leave the way it is.

c98b1b1747561b395780d453fc53b030.jpgAnyone have any idea what the black and white wires could be for that look to have been connected to a switch at the back edge of the undertray on the passenger side.

7aaf40a96ffd5dee2493749893ffc9ad.jpg

88a0024124b8f765d0bae8c8e2960265.jpg

ae608304501616cf3fa687d2a7fb80c7.jpg

I think most of this is to do with the alarm.... that doesn't work! It locks the doors but no alarm.

Nice car, and rare Oettinger? wheel.

But more importantly, lets see the mk2 and the R6! :lol:

Welcome!

Well she went in for her MOT today and failed on a corroded brake line and number plate not illuminated well enough... I made up a new line and bought a couple of bulbs from halfrauds so it will be back tomorrow for a pass, fingers crossed lol.

An advisory was high co2 (Dangerous) haha, I don't know why I can do for that since its qpeng...?

I hate it too mate but I can't stand to leave it like that!

Yes it is an Oettinger, I like it :)

The r6 is sold unfortunately. I seen it today purring about the town and I realised how much I miss it!

The golf is currently looking like this.

9bd5365828ac04f31b349de6bd1f809b.jpg

d0e583f4237e03bda2247f97fea7a720.jpg

Here's how it looked before I tore it down.

c1e3ecc07c86b7ea2aded6aa2bc17f50.jpg

Edited by MikeyGordon

Like it mate, those 20v engines in a mk2 are fun fun fun!

Shame on the R6. Had a Daytona 675 until I came back to the corrado

Aye it's an AGU with the piddly k03 on it but that will be changed for a k03s when funds allow. But after driving the Rado with a k04 I think I might be disappointed in the k03s?

Here's a couple of photos of the R6 off another forum.

e5efa04d3a8f6f8b1c275b691597cb7b.jpg3c8d5ef11a991818829b9e458971ffba.jpg

That was an absolute hoot to drive, it had almost everything you can do within reason, custom map etc. Sold it as I was being too stupid on it!

Today I changed the knackered front hydro mount.

738a6721a81d38049883aaff00b0e137.jpg

I am too impatient to wait for ordering one so I robbed the mk2's one :o bonded rubber this time though.

I also bought new plugs and gapped them correctly.

I just found out mate has a trade card for halfords so a full service shall be happening very soon :)

Gave it a much needed wash today.

2843b426eef364723d548495c3728dbf.jpg

Also fitted an orange side repeater off the golf.

0c7c39a109ba816fd7c95ac2dfc695cc.jpg

Looks better than orange rear, smoked side and clear front lol. I could only find one repeater though so a mate is giving me a pair tomorrow.

Just need to clear up some cash to get a decent suspension set up on it and nice wheels.

What's people's opinions on the Bilstein b12 set up?

Looks great! Just bought the B12 kit myself, should be fitting it mid Feb so I'll report back in the relevant thread. FWIW, I had a ride in a C with the B12 kit, and although on standard wheels, it rode superbly. Having seen a couple running 17" wheels also, it looks reasonable to me too so thats why I decided to go with these over the KW V1 coilovers, which I was umming and arring over. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back to bite me in the arse though!

Thanks man.

The wheels are somehow growing on me but they are definitely not staying lol.

Aye that would be perfect if you could do that pal.

This is supposed to be a quick turn a round with minimal spending but b4's and eibach springs are not far from £400 so for the extra £200 it's kind of hard to say no.

Whatever wheels go on will be 16's as well. 17's look good but I want it handling well to use all the power it has on tap.