Sign in to follow this  
Mystic Storm

Wheel Nuts/Bolts?

Hi

I've just bought a new set of BBS RX's for my rado from Halfords. They've told me that they don't come with new wheel nuts/bolts and will just use the old fittings. Never bought alloys before so can anyone tell me if this is normal? I thought I would have got a new set of nuts/bolts?

Cheers

James

you should be fine

the only time you need new bolts is when you go for a complete mad offset like i am :roll:

would suggest getting some good quality wheel locking nuts thou :mrgreen:

Cheers. Getting locking nuts for free cause they took a week longer to be delivered.

I know the originals will fit but I still find it strange that they wouldn't come with new bolts. They told me it was because they were BBS? Still not convinced!

Cheers. Getting locking nuts for free cause they took a week longer to be delivered.

I know the originals will fit but I still find it strange that they wouldn't come with new bolts. They told me it was because they were BBS? Still not convinced!

IIRC Skid got new wheel nuts with his BBS RX's when he bought them from Halfords up here

BBS and some others have radius seats for the bolts/nuts, where as the majority of other brands use 60 degree tapers

make sure ur locking ones have the radius seat.