Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

Ventura springs ?

Hi all, I've been looking for some budget springs for my VR for a 30 - 40mm drop until I can afford coilovers. I was going to get some Terra ones from GSF as I've had these before & the ride was pretty good, but GSF don't list them any more, instead they have Ventura ones which are also 'Bilstien approved'. Has anybody tried these? Are they any good ?

Also, has anybody tried Venom's budget suspension, or G-Max ?

Cheers,

Robbo

ok had gmax on one of my polo's before and i have to say there not too bad for the price (kit of shocks and springs), i did find them a bit on the soft side as my car was dropped around the 60mm mark and tyre to arch clearance was very close when carrying a full load in the car, other than that they give a fairly decent ride.

Cheers Bobby, I think I'd rather have the ride on the soft side as I've already got 205/40 tyres stretched over 7 1/2 x 17 TT rims. I only want to drop about 30 or 40 mm so there shouldn't be any clearance probs.

Robbo

I'm pretty sure that my Corrado was on Ventura springs with Bilstein dampers when I got it... The ride was nasty.... crashy, under damped, bouncy and generally harsh... that's why I went for the Supersport kit which is much better, but is still quite hard...

I'll check tonight (I've still got the old springs and shocks in their box at my parents) and post back up if they were the Ventura ones... 8)

I bought the kit from GSF at inters - sachs/boge advantage shocks and whatever the springs were in the kit. They're not too bad at the mo. Far better than what was on there originally!

The rears were totally shot. One when pushed in didn't come back out and the other had to be hammered in to start it moving.

Was a bit bouncy the first couple of days but has settled down a hell of a lot. Can't complain for £200 ish for the kit (paid 300 in total for kit, plus all bumpstops, 2 rear axle bushes and new rear brake bias valve). Seems a little bit harsher than the standard springs but I didn't cut down the bumpstops (couldn't work out how to do it to keep the spring covers and keep them seated right)

I've just spotted the ventura springs in the GSF catalogue too....did you find out if thats what was on yours henny? at £54 they're tempting!