Mystic Blue VR

Suspension opinion/advice please

Jim,

The Sachs/H&R set up was another one I considered, for a standardish set up. Do you have a picture of the car please?

The rear sat a bit higher with the koni shocks on there as you can raise the spring platform, The sachs shocks are fixed.

This is with the sachs/HR on the rear, and Koni/HR on the front.

20140415_172137.jpg

20140415_172112.jpg

20140415_172055.jpg

20131021_134614.jpg

This was on the KW V1's, which i found the rear end too firm and low

20130606_115959.jpg

I'd just like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. Some really useful information. :thumbleft:

Still a bit unclear on how the spring plates affect ride height. Or do they? No8 on the front diagram ETKA & No7 on the rear diagram ETKA. Is that right?

Cheers,

Steve

its the plate at the bottom of the spring. You can move it up or down on the koni shock body.

Not got ekta at the mo. Am on phone.

Jim they do a B12 sportline kit that lowers us to 45mm as opposed to the normal 30mm just seen it on eBay

Interesting... :) Suspension is on the shopping list whenever I get the Corrado back on the road again. One to bear in mind.

Are you sure chuggs. Only reason I haven't gone the b12 route is because the didn't do a sport line kit for the vr6...

Ah ok not really researched it .... Just saw B12 sportline and that they were lower.... Sorry if I've misled and they don't

no probs, things may change, let me know if i'm wrong. As i want to be, then i can buy some... :)

Although that says at full retail. Wonder how much cheaper they can be had with the various deals and discounts about

Ok so this has got me thinking (again) and I should just get this sorted....

My issues with the B12 setup is that I used to run the H&R and koni TA's on my old vr6 and I liked the slightly greater drop that it offered...

However on my current VR6 (Storm) which is completely standard the current suspension puts it in tractor territory.

I am aware that some of the later Corrados had even higher standard suspension than the earlier version, was this the case with the later storm models and VR6 of the corresponding era.

If so is there anything i can do with the B12 kit to also create more of a 30mm drop against my current setup (if that makes sense) i.e different suspension caps etc

Edd

Ok so this has got me thinking (again) and I should just get this sorted....

My issues with the B12 setup is that I used to run the H&R and koni TA's on my old vr6 and I liked the slightly greater drop that it offered...

However on my current VR6 (Storm) which is completely standard the current suspension puts it in tractor territory.

I am aware that some of the later Corrados had even higher standard suspension than the earlier version, was this the case with the later storm models and VR6 of the corresponding era.

If so is there anything i can do with the B12 kit to also create more of a 30mm drop against my current setup (if that makes sense) i.e different suspension caps etc

Edd

That's a great question as I was wondering the same. What exactly is it that makes the ride height so high on the later VR6's? I've checked the spring & damper part numbers on EKTA with my local parts man on my current car, a 96 Storm, & my old 94 plate car. They are the same. So what is it that makes them so high? The parts guy reckoned it could be the bumpstops?

One for the suspension experts on here!

That's so much better than standard ride height. In fact it looks like how standard should have looked. Thanks for posting the pictures. Now my plan for keeping totally standard is changed again. Brakes being done next.... Then save for this

So who's the person with the know to answer mine and mystic blue vr's question. I'm getting excited towards a new purchase now :)

I need to get the Aqua Blue VR finished so I can get on and fit mine! I can't start on mine for at least 2 weeks though. Damn I want them fitted!!!!!!!

That's a great question as I was wondering the same. What exactly is it that makes the ride height so high on the later VR6's? I've checked the spring & damper part numbers on EKTA with my local parts man on my current car, a 96 Storm, & my old 94 plate car. They are the same. So what is it that makes them so high? The parts guy reckoned it could be the bumpstops?

One for the suspension experts on here!

Anyone??