lynxmania

sound upgrade

Hello,

I'm completly green when it comes to loudspeakers, but I hope I get some info here.

I have the original loudspeakers in my Corrado, but I want to upgrade them to have a better sound. I'm not interested in subwoofers, amplifiers, ....

I just want to change the stock speakers to better ones, using the original wires.

Is this possible? Will this upgrade the sound quality?

What do I need to buy?

I've bought a radio with 4x50 w

thanks!

All depends on budget but I' personally went for some Hertz components at about £80 for the front and it already had pioneers in the rear (not that you'll hear them as faded to fronts).

I'm also beyond fitting subs/amps however the sound from the small speakers is really lacking. To overcome this I bought a tiny Kenwood sub http://www.ciao.co.uk/Kenwood_KSC_SW01__Review_6028308 and fit this in the left hand side of my boot. Easy to install and adds a bit of depth to music, but not mobile disco levels of booming bass.

I've previously had in a couple of Corrado's, the Infinity Basslink. Nice and easy to install, reasonably compact so you don't lose your whole boot, and really helps bring the sound alive without having some ridiculous McDonalds carpark type sub thumping away :)

that's massive compared to the Kenwood that fits in the gap between the wheel arch where the boot light lives. Bet it sounds better though :cool:

Thanks for the input.

I'll have a look at the kenwood sub.

If I only change the speakers into better ones, will this change anything?

Upgrading to good quality component fronts will make a good difference, but as they're only 5 1/4" and mounted to the pockets, it doesn't provide a very good acoustic environment, so they'll never be great without spending a fortune on a full blooded "system". Components are sufficient for a reasonable level of sound and a decent frequency range for clarity though.

Upgrading to good quality component fronts will make a good difference, but as they're only 5 1/4" and mounted to the pockets, it doesn't provide a very good acoustic environment, so they'll never be great without spending a fortune on a full blooded "system". Components are sufficient for a reasonable level of sound and a decent frequency range for clarity though.

What he said

To get little more mid bass/bass from up front seal up the doors and use a little sound deadening will help