Wayne2015

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :)

Hope you bought car for a bargain.... She's getting a lot of TLC...

Top money!

£2500!!! :(

Take it back before you damage the gearbox.

Do the gears sellect ok with the engine off and clutch in?

The crunch is only ocassional

Will try it with engine off!

Just looked at the receipt for the work Wayne. Damn I'm glad I can do most work myself! The only thing I couldn't have done is wheel alignment, and the parts listed would have come in at around £250 I reckon. :eek:

Just looked at the receipt for the work Wayne. Damn I'm glad I can do most work myself! The only thing I couldn't have done is wheel alignment, and the parts listed would have come in at around £250 I reckon. :eek:

I know Sean

I useless :( :( :(

I'm sure you'll learn plenty on Sunday mate. Its all about getting stuck in and not worrying. Its just nuts and bolts at the end of the day, and there are plenty of guides all over the tinterwebs if you get stuck. The plus is that you have the Lude to fall back on, so don't be afraid to get your hands dirty and have a play with the Corrado!

As Sean says.... The only way to learn, is to make mistakes... And get stuck in... It's helpful to have another car to fall back on for transport. When it goes pear shaped :)

Cheers guys!

I do want to get stuck in!

I do want to learn!

But, I do NOT want her to break down again - i just got her back!! :(

Lol agree with you Wayne. Big learning curve. .... For us both. But enjoying the process..... I think

Lol agree with you Wayne. Big learning curve. .... For us both. But enjoying the process..... I think

I will enjoy!

Working on ones car is one of the most satisfying chores in life!

Able to do it all yourself is even more :)

Edited by Wayne2015

think.... door handle screws are left hand thread and right hand thread. if you wonder why ones not coming out.

are they the seat parcel straps from ebay ?

Yes bud

U found me the thread with link! :)

Yay!! Fantastic news Wayne and it's great to see your VR at long last on the road again! :thumbleft:

Ref the programmable wiper, turn on intermittent wipe, then off when it has wiped once. Then turn it back on when you need it to wipe again and it will remember the time interval between the two and maintain it. If you just switch it on and leave it then it just defaults to a standard time ;)

Yay!! Fantastic news Wayne and it's great to see your VR at long last on the road again! :thumbleft:

Ref the programmable wiper, turn on intermittent wipe, then off when it has wiped once. Then turn it back on when you need it to wipe again and it will remember the time interval between the two and maintain it. If you just switch it on and leave it then it just defaults to a standard time ;)

Good to know, Andy!

And thanks :)

Er guys?

Just checking i have all the parts for tomorrow s major service ...

Why does my front brake pads comes with 2 bolts?

When the rear ones come with 4???!!!

C19DCF6B-38E6-4F23-90F5-835302A425B8-316-0000003ED8C7CD86_zps0fe2bc2b.jpg

They're caliper to carrier bolts, you should have 2 per caliper so 2 for each corner. I wouldn't panic mate, it'll be fine to re use one set if you are missing them.

They're caliper to carrier bolts, you should have 2 per caliper so 2 for each corner. I wouldn't panic mate, it'll be fine to re use one set if you are missing them.

U mean I bought 8 lots of caliper carrier bolts for front/back separately at a cost of £30 earlier in the week - when they come free with the pads as standard???!!!! :( :( :(

The reason the front only come with 2, is that if your just changing the pads you only remove the bottom bolt on the calliper and swing the calliper up to remove the pads.

For the rears, you have to remove the calliper to wind the piston back in hence the 4 bolts

U mean I bought 8 lots of caliper carrier bolts for front/back separately at a cost of £30 earlier in the week - when they come free with the pads as standard???!!!! :( :( :(

The bolts you bought earlier are the carrier bolts, not calliper bolts.

The reason the front only come with 2, is that if your just changing the pads you only remove the bottom bolt on the calliper and swing the calliper up to remove the pads.

For the rears, you have to remove the calliper to wind the piston back in hence the 4 bolts

Thanks Sanky!

The bolts you bought earlier are the carrier bolts, not calliper bolts.

OK

(Wayne puts his thinking cap on ...)

So when does one need to remove carriers then?

Remove when replacing discs?

Just to be 100% sure...

I don't need to top up brake oil do I if I only changing pads / discs?

You need to remove the carrier to get the disc off.... It will come clear tomorrow... No need to change or top up with break fluid as you will only winding the piston back in the caliper so watch you don't have too much in the system and it over flows....

Don't worry you have everything..... As long as the the flex is aren't perished

Edited by delfinis38

You need to remove the carrier to get the disc off.... It will come clear tomorrow... No need to change or top up with break fluid as you will only winding the piston back in the caliper so watch you don't have too much in the system and it over flows....

Cool! :)

No need top top up, in fact you may need to take some brake fluid out depending on how low your disks and pads are.