Ray1965

Unsure of wat oil to use

I have a planned full oil change in the next couple of months. I checked the cars level and it does need a top up. The oil what is in the car now unfortunately i don't know the make vicosity used from when i got the car.

So my question is would it be ok to buy a grade of 10/40 oil say semi syn and top up with this until i do the full drop of the oil?

The reason for the top up is a have found a small weep on the oil cooler so will be also sorting this out also. What does this job actually in tail?

fuchs titan race pro 2 fully synthetic 10w40

opieoils.co.uk give us forum discount ;)

Agreed, great formula oil, but I wouldn't use it just to top up what you have as it's quite expensive! I'd definitely use it when changing it out though.

That should be fine. Though I'd just go to my local TPS / VW dealer and get Quantum / Synta Silver personally! :)

That should be fine. Though I'd just go to my local TPS / VW dealer and get Quantum / Synta Silver personally! :)

Cheers Jim, Got some from EC parts, it will be ok to top up until i do the oil service. Got the oil cooler to sort out as it has slight weep.