stuarttaylor37

VW terminal tools

Got a link?

The one I've bought doesnt fit

I just put in VW terminal tool there's a few to choose from. Pretty sure the one I've got is the Laser one. Well I say "got" I mean "had" as it's been lent and not seen since...

Nice one. Let us know what they're like please Stuart? Need to replace mine at some point.

PS sorry I missed your question about the dash plug. I have no idea sorry as I only done the sunroof plug and a plug under the bonnet.

Will do Jamie

The supplier reckons the two sizes so should cover most plug sizes.

Originally I bought the lisle VW one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lisle-56500-Terminal-Tool/201288114816?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29316%26meid%3D74139d7f9e6346b6818c1e2eeda3e61c%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D111355632832

after seeing a recommendation on E38. The two prongs fit into the terminal blocks but I cannot get them to release the terminal, I've read a bit more and it seems I'm not the only one. The ottostadt one seems to be well thought of in the US.

I've still got the durite aka lisle one and works a treat, made a diy one for the smaller pins with an old screw driver handle and some old Wiper blade metal inserts

Just found the link I used to make mine, although I used an old screwdriver handle I had bust:

i did the same in the end too. Needed a few trial runs to get them correct as the ends are really thin! It looks very easy to make but its actually quite fiddly. Took me about an hour and a half.