Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Opinions on Gauges Please

Hey everyone, quick question for you all.

A friend of mine is going to the U.S.A at the start of July and I was thinking of getting him to pick me up a couple of autometer gsuges. I want to replace my boost gauge and voltmeter so will be getting 2 the same but I don't know what type I should go for. Are autometer gauges any good and what are the alternatives. Have a look on http://www.autometer.com and give me your opinions please. So many to choose from but can't make my mind up. Will eventually get an A/F gauge and something else but at the mo the boost/vac (in psi) and volt are needing swapped. Also, what reading will be adequate for the boost/vac gauge, 20 psi, 30psi??? Hope to hear your opinions soon, thanks

I think I've narrowed it down to 3 types: -

Ultralite

Z-series

Procomp

Any suggestions or alternatives?

I hope these work

As I say, I'm not sure if 20psi or 30psi will be required for my G60 but that's really the three sets I'm interested in. Opinions please

I've got 3 of the carbon fibre ultralite ones, and a lunar series rev counter. the quailty is second to none, that are absolutely fantastic.

I won't even consider another gauge manufacturer, not even VDO. these are the best available without a doubt.

I've got the whilte (they're actually silver) ultralite's in mine... the only thing to be aware of is that if you're getting a temp or oil pressure gauge, the senders are 1/8 BSP thread size 'cos they're american, where the Corrado's threads for the sensors are 10mm-1 (fine pitch) so the T pieces you need will be custom jobbies if you're gonna do it right... However, 1/8BSP WILL thread into 10mm-1 threaded holes and seal up 'cos they're tapered... ;)

Cheers guys.

Only going for the boost/vac and the volt gauge for now. Still undecided but swaying towards either Z-series or sport comp as they're fairly similar in style. 20 PSI it is then 8)

Yeah I like the Autometer guages. Used to have the silver boost guage in my 16V T, and one of their AF guages. Superb quality.

K