Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy98

Shrek Controller alternative ?

Hi all

Just ordered this from the states in place of a shrick controller anyone got doubts as to why it would'nt work ?

http:// [url=http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2D830449&view=257#largerimage]http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... argerimage

Vendor: Summit Racing Equipment

Product Line: Summit RPM Activated Switch

Finish: Black

No more lost modules.

RPM activated switch

Our RPM activated switch uses internal DIP switches to select the rpm setting instead of expensive pills or modules which can get lost or vibrate loose. Our switch also has an adjusting knob inside the unit that lets you fine-tune to any rpm from 2,000 to 9,800 rpm. A green LED light lets you know when the desired rpm is reached--no need to turn on a connected device to see if the switch is working. We also include a red LED power indicator, an internal fuse, and extensive input protection circuitry to keep the switch from blowing up if you connect it to something that draws too much current.

Sold individually.

$45.95

Should Ship By: Today

Good luck with the search and everything, but do we have to have 3 threads a week about it?!

Good luck with the search and everything, but do we have to have 3 threads a week about it?!

Only if you really want to be pedantic, this would and will be usefull to all if they ever want to replace there exsisting controller for a fraction of the price!!

I thought that sharing info and gleening it was the true ethos of what these forums are all about!!

So back off War Child!! :p

Only if you really want to be pedantic, this would and will be usefull to all if they ever want to replace there exsisting controller for a fraction of the price!!

I thought that sharing info and gleening it was the true ethos of what these forums are all about!!

So back off War Child!! :p

lol - war child :lol:

It's just that I seem to have seen about 3 or more separate threads about your search for missing shrek components.

I'm just in a bad mood, so take no notice of me :p

Would the plug which connects into the solenoid be available from vw? Think you might be able to buy a plug with the wires attached to solder on to.

In this thread hopefully ;) :p

:lol:

Depends what kinda mood " I am in" ! :twisted:

the valve/switch thing is just an air con component, so yes, you can buy the vw connector for it. I'll update the schrick faq theread with the part numbers soon.

Could any of you peeps email me or post a copy of the original instructions that came with yeh Shrick manifolds ?

:roll: Arh go on .....Please !!!!!

On the electrical side:-

Controller red wire to ECU pin 23 - (thick blue/red wire)

Controller blue wire to ECU pin 22 - (thin black/green wire)

Controller black wire to earth

On the vacuum side:-

Large vac pot input to servo hose accessory outlet

Small vac pot input to bottom solenoid input

Top solenoid output to flap actuator

HTH

K

I'd like to have a copy of the instructions too, if poss. Electronically is perfect - yahoo just bumped my quota to "lots" of MB :)