greegs

Anyone got Audi TT competition alloys? I have a question...

hi

Ive got TT Competition rims on my C. I tried it both ways but it fits better with the dust cap off. Nevertheless i left them on and hammered them down.

:D

Even if i remove the dust cap the bolt protrudes too far to allow teh centre cap to fit. Is it wise to cut this down by about 5mm? Spacers cause too much rubbing.

Ive just lost the dust caps on mine no spaces and the caps are just slightly stuck out i was going to opt for taking a bit off the back of the center cap

Ive just lost the dust caps on mine no spaces and the caps are just slightly stuck out i was going to opt for taking a bit off the back of the center cap

In your sig Adz, it looks like the rears are fitting just fine though? How did you manage that?

In your sig Adz, it looks like the rears are fitting just fine though? How did you manage that?

I was wearing 5 mm spaces then mate they caught like mad i'd just put the wheels on. taken the spaces off now ill take a photo later

I run mine with the caps off and put sealant around the back of the centre cap. note the cap will still rub on the stub axle slightly so i modified my caps with a dremel :D

dove028-2.jpg

I'll post up some pics of my wheels - i think there's too much stub axle stickig out for me to do anything meaningful on the caps with a dremel. I think my caps would need a hole through the centre :(

if you go down the spacer route (which isn't a bad idea) make sure you get longer bolts too just to stay safe! ;)

you wont need longer bolts on the rear as the stud threads are flush to the hub face and the 5mm spacer will be no thicker than a front disc which isnt flush if you get my meaning ie the front bolts have further to go till they get thread were as the rear hubs dont so a 5mm spacer on the rear makes no difference to bolt length :)

Hi there, I wonder if anyone knows the answers to the 3 questions I have. My Corrado is a 2.0i 16V Twilight Violet with full Recaro interior and I am in the process of fixing everything, and I mean everything. However when it comes to rims I have purchased two sets and not sure which set to put on it. The first set are Polished 7x16 RH Toplines (4-stud fitment) and the other set are Polished 7.5x17 Audi Comps (5-stud fitment). They are both awesome but I don't know the following:

1) What tyres sizes do I need for boths sets of wheels?

2) What thickness spacers do I need for the RH Toplines?

3) What thickness adaptors do I need for the Audi Comps?

Cheers, Rob

205/40/17 for the comps.. thickness of the adaptors i would guess go as thin as possible to avoid any arch issues..