Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

Coilover problem sorted

Just bought myself some koni coilovers to replace my worn out spax coilovers,

Brand new, still in box, from ebay for £550, maybe not the deal of the century, but they are brand new, and these kits sell at retailers for around £700 dont they?

yip well £699 from TSR......tho i thought i'd done well getting them for £650 at INTERS last year (from TSR :wink: )....so £550 IMO is damn decent!

Rod- how do you rate them, ive heard the progresively wound springs give a much better ride, have you compared them to any other coilover?

Kev- Hope there as good as the fks, fks use koni dampers dont they?

Rod- how do you rate them, ive heard the progresively wound springs give a much better ride, have you compared them to any other coilover?

Kev- Hope there as good as the fks, fks use koni dampers dont they?

around town its not quite as refined as the original dampers(obviously)......but show it some country roads and M-way action and its damn better IMHO.............just briefly had a drive in dubster82's FK-equipped G60 last year and they're decent enough i prefer the Koni's tbh as iv'e also driven Skid's Koni-equipped G60 a few times and that feels better, again IMO :wink: ........i'm sure you'll be well impressed with them and see how much a steal you've got :wink:

Yeah, i am quite pleased now, im sure it will be a great improvement over the spax, they are quite old now, the helper springs on the back are completely compressed flat!, and nearly flat on the front, im thinking theyve maybe been on there for 5 years plus, cause the owner before me said they were on the car when he bought it

Errmm... without wishing to rain on your parade (but good price for the Koni's - hope you enjoy them!), the helper springs are meant to be coil-bound with the weight of the car on them.

Something is actually wrong if they aren't....

tbh the day my car was test driven was the day they were fitted, so it was pretty darn solid and not bedded in. settled down a lot

i suspect you'll find the same :lol:

bloody bargain price too :lol:

Errmm... without wishing to rain on your parade (but good price for the Koni's - hope you enjoy them!), the helper springs are meant to be coil-bound with the weight of the car on them.

Something is actually wrong if they aren't....

The springs are compressed flat, even when the car is jacked up, the whole set is very worn out, (im talking about my spax coilovers that are on the car at the moment btw)