Sign in to follow this  
c8hau

Schrick probs!

Not really a problem, had one fitted last week at stealth as part of the recent group buy, it has been slight catching on the bonnet even though it has been trimmed, but it has been booked into a bodyshop to be sorted, my question is, is it a big deal if i peel off the spongey stuff underneath the bonnet? The schrick has caused a bit of a mess of this, I take it this is here to prevent the bonnet getting too hot?

1993 Corrado VR6 Aqua Blue Pearl, Schrick VSR, Uni-Chip Remap, Oversized K+N Induction, Magnecor leads, VT front engine mount, Jetex Cat back Exhaust,Supersport Coilovers, Smoked M3 rear lights, clear side repeaters,Badges replaced all round!

The only part of the manifold that catches the foam is the vacuum actuator and you can just trim a small portion away accordingly. As for the bonnet, I removed a minimal amount of metal with a dremel and get away with it because I have uprated engine mounts. I did one on a car with standard mounts over the weekend and had to remove a *lot* more metal as a result. Vibratechnics mounts are a *must* with a Schrick imo.

But yeah, you can remove the foam. It's just a sound absorber.

K

cheers for that, I have the VT engine mount in the garage its getting fitted this weekend, I have been driving Miss Daisy all week :( !! The foam is coming off!!