Jim

Who's your insurer?

Mine came in at £240.00 plus admin fee and the usual b&@@")cks .i went with Adrian flux in the end . Always been with performance direct , but they wanted £308.00 .Obviously I have to take in to account a fair few mods . So not a bad price .

Edited by robrado974

The problem simply is just how time consuming and irritating it is ringing around insurers every year, having to reel off a list of modifications, then being told it's the best quote.. then ringing another.. then bouncing quotes off one another to try and get a price.

I've got to the point now where my daily driver goes through a price comparison site, and the Corrado I'll just try 2-3 insurers max before just picking one quote.

There really needs to be some better way of doing things. Like a standardised template you can fill out with all your details, details on the car including modifications, and then just drop them over via email or similar.

We'll always accept an email containing the mods list to save you the bother of doing that bit by phone but we do also have a quote form you can PM us:

There's a good chance that we'll need to speak to you so make sure you supply a daytime phone number that we can use to get clarification on anything.

PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW:

NAME OF CLUB : THE-CORRADO.NET

CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: CF-784

ABOUT YOU

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms):

Full Home Address (inc Postcode):

Mobile number:

Daytime number (If different):

Email:

CAR DETAILS

Vehicle registration number:

Make & full model of car:

CC:

Year of manufacture:

Value of car:

Registered Keeper:

Registered Owner:

Postcode of vehicle overnight:

Parking location overnight (i.e Driveway):

Number of seats:

Date of purchase of car:

(If less than 12 months ownership, please give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted:

Modifications (please list):

RHD or LHD?:

COVER DETAILS

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT):

Renewal date:

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy:

(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required (if full NCB) YES/NO:

FOR EACH DRIVER

Date of birth:

How long have you lived in the UK:

How long have you held a full UK licence:

Job Title (inc. any part time jobs):

Business Type/Industry:

Employed or self-employed:

Marital status:

Total miles per annum:

Use of car – commuting or business use:

(if business use, what specifically?)

Homeowner YES/NO:

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years:

(Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened)

Any convictions within 5 years:

(Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban)

Disabilities notified to DVLA:

How many cars in family:

QUOTE DETAILS

Renewal quote with current provider: £

Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory): £

Which insurer:

Best alternative quote: £

Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory): £

Which insurer:

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can be in the form of renewal notices, internet login details and reference numbers).

The problem simply is just how time consuming and irritating it is ringing around insurers every year, having to reel off a list of modifications, then being told it's the best quote.. then ringing another.. then bouncing quotes off one another to try and get a price.

I've got to the point now where my daily driver goes through a price comparison site, and the Corrado I'll just try 2-3 insurers max before just picking one quote.

There really needs to be some better way of doing things. Like a standardised template you can fill out with all your details, details on the car including modifications, and then just drop them over via email or similar.

there is Jim

I have a word document which has all the points listed by chris knott

i can send it you if you would like?

FYI from my experience most insurers will accept the document to provide you a quote but some insist on also speaking with you

Useful to know - thanks. Will look into this next year as I've just done my renewal for the year on both cars!

Good idea . I'm with Jim on this and I'm sure everyone else is too . It's an absolute ball ache , running through the same stuff over and over again .

I wouldn't mind so much but all of the things done to my car come under a bog standard roll call of basic modifications which have been available on road cars for decades.. which is why I don't understand why it always means the insurer needs to go away to have a lengthy conversation with the underwriter.

If we could get some kind of modified car / classic car 'Go Compare' type website which had some understanding of limited mileage type policies, or a place where you could put up your insurance requirements following a standard template, almost like an invitation to tender, which insurers could pick and offer you premiums.. now that would be awesome.

Jim - would you like me to send you the document so you can put it up on here for people to download?

Be nice to have a list of mods and their impact on insurance or if they have no impact.

Just did the insurance on my daily with Chris Knott last week, Was with direct line and they couldn't beat the quote, plus was cheaper than go-compare came back with.

Jim - would you like me to send you the document so you can put it up on here for people to download?

Sure - that'd be handy :)

Mine came in at £240.00 plus admin fee and the usual b&@@")cks .i went with Adrian flux in the end . Always been with performance direct , but they wanted £308.00 .Obviously I have to take in to account a fair few mods . So not a bad price .

Wonder why mine is £331 with flux. I'm 49 years old. had a driving licence when Yoda was a lad etc, 5.000 mile cap on policy. car is bang standard, Whats going on?

I take it yours is a VR Rob?

Edited by Ray1965

Yes it's a VR Ray . Not standard either , I have quite a few mods . I'm 45 , driving since 1988 . I have a classic policy with 3000 miles . As we've all said Ray they make it up as they go along ! .

HIC For me. I called 3 insurers after greenlights renewal went a bit mad and settled with them as they were close enough to what I wanted. I had intentions of calling up about 8 or 9 different companies but in the end got bored of the calls and repeating myself.

Could I have saved another £20 quid? Likely. Would I have preferred to spend that time doing something else. Definitely.

It does get very tedious Sean , to say the least ! .

Ray , let us know what they say , hope they can improve on that price .

Template to use from goldmember.. :)

ha ha ha!! jim should i expect austin powers to be coming to get me!? ;) PMSL