Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

what settings for Koni TA`s?

i`ve just recieved delivery of my Koni top adjustables and H&R springs for my 1991 16v Corrado and was wondering what settings to put them at???

i`ve also ordered new front topmounts and rear bumpstops, is there anything else i should replace while i`m at it??

thanx

Which ever settings you're happy with. Generally speaking, people either leave them fully soft and put up with the bounciness or crank them up to 1.5 turns at the front and 0.5 to 0.75 turns at the back. This setting seems to remove the springiness but is a little firm.

If you've got uprated ARBs, you can drop the damping rate down a bit to give more compliance over mid corner bumps.

cheers kev

they`re not on the car yet so i`ll have to wait an` see, dont mind firmness so i`ll prob do as you suggest. Oh, and the c-clip on the rears -- middle slot??

can they be adjusted on the car as i think i read somewhere that the rears can`t??

Middle slot usually (as on my VR) but I've seen a G60 set to the middle slot and it was too low. Not sure about the 16V, you might have to experiment, but try the middle one first.

The whole car feels more solid and more responsive the more damping you dial in, so you'll need to experiment and settle with what suits you and your local roads.

TA rears can be adjusted on the car if you remove the rear speakers, otherwise you'll have to take the shelf supports off each time. This isn't an issue if you've 2 Ways on the back shelf like me :D

K

2 way speakers Dave, or 6x9s. I haven't got 6x9s, but rather 8" woofer/mids and 1" silk dome tweeters, hence referring to them as 2-ways. Sorry if the previous description was vauge.

All I do now is lift out the metal speaker grilles and twiddle the koni knobs which I've left on top of the dampers permanently.

K

So you have the speakers in the parcel shelf and have removed the speakers in the shelf supports (or whatever you call em).

Cheers

Dave

Yep, the standard 6x4s aren't much cop, so I've mounted my own speaker design into the rear shelf (yep I've got a spare standard shelf for sell up day!) and removed the 6x4s completely. Aquired another short body Koni adjuster and left them on the dampers, so now all that's required to adjust them is removal of the metal speaker grilles from the shelf supports.

P.S Koni will send you spare adjuster knobs if you ring them, only a couple of quid each. Just need one as you get 1 x tall and 1 x short knob with the dampers.

K