nitsypee

Front wing rust - advice

Hi guys

My green Storm has a small amount of rust on the front driver's side wing. I've just popped to a local bodywork man, who said he could rub it down and paint it, or preferably get a new wing instead.

On the new wing option, where would be the best place to get hold of one?! Is it best to put a WTB on here for a rust-free wing? I've seen 1 or 2 on ebay, but I guess I'd have to contact the sellers to ensure I'd be getting a rust-free one. There aren't any other options, are there?

My bodywork chap reckoned it would be a simple paint and bolt-on job.

Cheers in advance

Early wings aren't as flared as later ones to account for the widetrack suspension. You'll need 92> although some non VR6 in 92 had the earlier exterior, so to be sure get 93 >. Ask in the breakers threads, and put a wanted ad up would be your best bet. Where are you based? I have one, although its not rust free unfortunately.

if the rust isnt that bad then just get it sanded out and painted, you/he wont really be able to tell how bad it is until its taken back to bare metal in that effected area so maybe get him to do that first and see if it all can be ground/sanded out without thinning the metal to much,