Philuk

Cleaning washer, brake and power steering resevouirs

Any ideas how to go about this! I don't have a dishwasher so can't do that, does the mesh but come out from the brake fluid reseviour and how if it does? I can't find new bottles or I would buy new, only other option is to paint them black but I aren't sure how it would look?

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/corrado/358611301/brake-master-cylinder-reservior-corrado-hydraulic-clutch/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1

Expansion tank is available from VW, around £35 when I bought one last year. PAS reservoir is also available iirc but I didn't get one.

To clean, I've used degreaser, then hot soapy water with a babies bottle brush, then let it soak in hot water and bleach for a few hours. Rinse them through with hot soapy and it should be ok. It'll work for the PAS reservoir but not for expansion and brake fluid res. You can get them a bit better, but nothing like new. The PAS reservoir is a bit off colour from factory so looks a bit grubby regardless.

That one from heritage hasn't got the outlets for the abs pump tho? Water expansion I was thinking of going mk4 for pure whiteness and ease of opening it again

Good spot! Pretty sure they're available from the dealer again. Think it was Chrisl or Goldie changed them all last year. The lids are separate though. Mk4 expansion will work, just need a different level sender connector from a breaker or something. I think it fits in the bracket ok though from what I remember reading. Much cheaper to replace in future too!

I think there was a thread where someone used some denture cleaner(!) in a solution and really shook it up inside the reservoir to remove all the black gunk. I put mine in the dishwasher and then used a sponge on the end of a wire hanger to remove what i could.