della_corrado

some wiring help please

hey, i could use some wiring help. upon removing my alarm i stumbled upon this

20150404_1649131_zpsovmbu7ad.jpg

now the wire in my hand looks like it comes from that broken yellow wire. but something about them two wires joining there doesnt sit right with me for some reason.. ive looked and looked for images of that plug (plug j terminal 3 on a ce2 fusebox, or its full loom but i cant see it properly. ive also looked at wiring diagrams, but its not clear to me.

kkk_zpsvhlnb2ow.png

if anybody can confirm that this is where the wire joins for me it would be great, the car is a 1991 g60

If that is the correct wiring diagram, it should be a single 1.5mm yellow wire connecting to emergency flasher relay (I think as I can't quite read text) which if it's from the alarm would be to flash the indicators when you lock and unlock the car

Edit: sorry found a wiring diagram and it seems to go to the left Headlight when you pull stalk back to flash, seems a bit odd really, have you tried tracing where they go?

Edited by swiftkid

it wont let me zoom for some reason.. ive been right through the bently manual and checked them all. i can only find one reference for plug j/03 (per diagram of each vehicle). that should be the right diagram. if thats not where it comes from i have no idea where it goes. It gets a little confusing for me at the top of the diagrams there when im trying to follow track n.

im going to try and make that picture better but my paint skills arnt the best

Looks headlight related. Noticed the other wires there all burnt and that is what happens when the switch goes.

after all day searching for this i finally made a post and asked. then i went back to the manual to make them pictures better and found this wiring diagram in a completely different section and not with the main wiring diagrams

Untitled_zpsv4qy39l5.png

so i guess thats where it goes then, i knew it i just wanted to see it in black and white incase i blow something up.

swift, i dont remember where they went now. my brain is like a sieve sometimes. i guess i better check and fuse my switch before i repair this.

as far as being headlight related, i upgraded the loom as they were dim when i got the car, fixed the issue, but everything works as far as i am aware which is wierd