mic_VR

Full Interior Clean

After a spot of advice.

Basically, some friends of mine want to use the 'rado as one of their wedding cars but I need to sort a few things out on it first. One of which is the interior needs a full clean.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for products or techniques that could help me here? I'm thinking of removing seats/panels etc to give them a proper clean. I may also do the same on the headlining if I'm feeling brave enough.

What say you detailing folks?

I bought this last month,

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/metro-vac-vac-n-blow/prod_1090.html

got fed up struggling with an oversized house vacuum cleaner, its got some tiny attachments on it so good for the small gaps etc

I now use that poorboys natural look, after someone on here mentioned it, gives the car a nice smell. Taking front seats out is easy, i do that quite often when i clean inside the car.

Quite like the autogylm interior foam cleaner. Trying to remember but I don't think you have a leather interior? It's good for tackling the seats, headlining, etc. Spray on, agitate / rub in with a brush and then rub off with a clean towel or microfibre.

As you say - better off taking the seats out - takes a few minutes and you can give em a proper vac, and hoover underneath, etc :)

Fair point Jim, should've probably mentioned the fact it's a standard cloth interior.

Cheers for the pointers. I've got a friend that can get Autogylm stuff cheap and I'll have a better look on the clean your car website.

Main issue, and I'm a little ashamed to admit this, is the fact I've never properly cleaned the interior on any of my cars. Mainly because I never allow them to get much worse than a bit of dust!

Seats out and carpet out, use a good carpet cleaner and soft nail brush...better if you have a wet vac and just keep repeating the process on the carpets..... if its leather seats then again a mild degreaser and nail brush then a good leather conditioner...just hard work but do it once and then its always easier to keep it that way....

DSCF3736.jpg

DSCF3734.jpg

DSCF3709.jpg

DSCF3748.jpg

That's a hell of a result. May need to look into a wet-vac at least.

What about the door cards and plastics etc?

That's a hell of a result. May need to look into a wet-vac at least.

What about the door cards and plastics etc?

Again a degreaser, micro fibre and nail brush then a non silicon interior spray....i like autosmart products and use g101 degreaser....

Seats out and carpet out, use a good carpet cleaner and soft nail brush...better if you have a wet vac and just keep repeating the process on the carpets..... if its leather seats then again a mild degreaser and nail brush then a good leather conditioner...just hard work but do it once and then its always easier to keep it that way....

DSCF3736.jpg

DSCF3734.jpg

DSCF3709.jpg

DSCF3748.jpg

Wow

:thumb right:

After a spot of advice.

Basically, some friends of mine want to use the 'rado as one of their wedding cars but I need to sort a few things out on it first. One of which is the interior needs a full clean.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for products or techniques that could help me here? I'm thinking of removing seats/panels etc to give them a proper clean. I may also do the same on the headlining if I'm feeling brave enough.

Lots of info on here bud if u have time to trawl thru it! :thumb right:

I am also keen to see what results u get :)

After a spot of advice.

Lots of info on here bud if u have time to trawl thru it! :thumb right:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

I am also keen to see what results u get :)