Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Porsche Front Seats (custom subframes)

Following on from the earlier question about replacing front seats with those from other makes and models, I thought I would point out that I am able to offer custom subframes to fit almost any Porsche front seat into the Corrado.

I have used them to fit full electric Porsche Turbo front seats in my Corrado (see pictures) and the subframes are built so the Porsche seats not only sit at exactly the same height and angle as the Corrado seats, but also use the original VW plastic clips and slide in and out as standard. They require absolutely no modifcation at all to the car, so the mod is fully reversible.

I can do the a pair of subframes for forum members at £180.

I can honestly say there is no more comfortable seat than the Porsche ones and you can find a type to suit your budget.

Jay.

Almost any porsche seat?

Hmmm.....

/Goes off to check Ebay! lol

Sounds like a good offer Jay.

I can supply a set of porker seats, i just need to get the back back, I sold them on Ebay, sent the backs out and the bases kept coming back, so i have been waiting for them to get picked up by a courier, but the guy has never sent one.

They look like G60Renshaw, 's but the back are less bucketed irrc, but they are half electric

Probably worth sorting and selling over here. If they are full leather they will look spot on in a standard black leather Corrado interior.

J

OT!

That really is a great interior, super top job.

I have to say I do like the admiring look from the guy you can see in the reflection :lol:

He looks confused to me. Perhaps he is trying to work out why I bothered to put an Audi TT dash and Porsche seats, in a Corrado! :) I think the same sometimes! :D

Maybe he's just trying to work out why his Mondeo doesn't look that nice inside? :D It's the shopping bag in-hand that makes it for me though :D

Alan,

Yes I can do a set of subframes to allow Porsche seats to fit the MK2 aswell. PM me if you want a set and I will sort them out for you.

Jay.

What model seats have you in yours?

Full electrics working??

If you had a choice what model seats would you buy??

Cheers

Chris

I have Porsche 911 Turbo Sport (deep side bolsters) seats, full electrics.

If I had a choice I would stick with the ones I have as I had later style (Porsche 993 sport) seats but they didn't look right with the rest of the interior IMHO.

J

G60Renshaw, i'm thinkin of gettin porker seats in my corrado, just a qucick question do these adjust up and down like the corrado ones.........also how difficult is it to wire up the electrics.

After all that hard work u coulda bought some car mats :wink: after looking at ur car though will it be BMW or Merc Mats lol to finish off the German collection

Dub style,

The Porker seats have the vertical adjustment built into them. The subframes are fixed height as the adjustment is in the seat. For the electrics all you have to do is wire fused 12v to them and they do everything else.

PM me if you want some subframes making and I will sort some out for you.

FurkiG60,

LOL. I had some old wolfsburg mats in there at the time, which just looked wrong so I whipped them out for the photoshoot. I now have plain black ones as it looks much cleaner and more simple.

Jay