Thursdave

European breakdown cover?

Hi folks, any ideas for european breakdown cover for my G60? It's a J reg / 1991, so 24 years old, and all the usual suspects won't touch it due to age.

Cheers,

Dave.

I'm with rac, just added one off Europe cover no problem.....suppose you have already tried them?

"

Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany. "

So not much good for most folks....

It seems they do cover UK Residents. A quick Google shows they're popular with Caravan/Motorhome owners.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=320114

But do you really need European cover or just UK?

I never heard of anyone being refused because their car is too old. Try this site..

http://www.comparethemarket.com/breakdown-cover/

Indeed, and still a member as I type this. Wasn't aware that the ADAC don't take new members from outside of Germany any more, though.

Tempest

Just joined ADAC myself, no issues, happy to take me even though i live in the uk.

Just give them a call on this number 0049 221 47 27 47

I just joined adac by calling the above number. The agent I dealt with, Michael was extremly pleasant and great fun on the phone. He let me have my membership number right away along with plenty of info via email. I'm just waiting on my paperwork to land and happy days!

My insurance company would not touch me because my car is too old!! :lol:

Same here! Word of warning, all the paperwork is in German, but ive found an english translation of it. If you PM me your email I'll forward it along :)

Happy Days! Their service is top notch too. I've used them twice.

1st time about 100kms from home. They sent out a local (to the incident) recovery firm who put the car on their wagon and drove us all home.

2nd time we were on a family trip I had a diesel turbo runaway. They had a depot nearby. Car was recovered to there and they gave us a free rental car for a week so we could continue our trip, only interrupted our journey by 1 hour. They took my car back to my local mechanic a few days later, 200km away.

I should say both incidents were in neither my Corrado nor Passat. :)

They also have a lot of discounts negotiated across Europe. Frequently you'll see "free coffee" or similar for ADAC members at Motorway Services. I got 10% off a mountain bike online and they have a credit card which gives you cashback at Shell. Their rental cars are quite competitive too.