Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Compatability...

I have a Sony CDX-5070 head unit, and a Phillips 6 disc changer RC 026. Does anyone know any websites/ice stores etc. where I can find info on these units to see if the head unit can fit the changer? I'd rather find out if the two can work together before taking out the head unit ('cos it was a swine to put in!).

Cheers,

Tom

i might be wrong but some cd changers are digital audio outputs in the multicable and sony ones are usually seperate analogue phono outputs dont know much about the phillips changer though. if thats the case its quite unlikely that an adapter is availiable.

Thought the general rule of thumb was head units and other manufacturer's changers don't play ball. A friend found this out the hard way smoking a kenwood changer + sony head unit on a home made cable. Ouch.

I've decided that the whole thing is too much effort for something I really wouldn't use that much (I like the sound of the exhaust note :D ), so I''m selling the changer. Have posted in the 'Parts for Sale' section if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Tom