carrots

ap coilovers

ive been looking for reviews on ap coilovers,what they like for money compared to joms .ive found some ap on the internet for £355 inc post

I've been looking at these, my son was running AP's on his 2010 plate GTI Golf, they were quite good tbh.

Don't know how they suit the corrado.

(i'm sat on the fence as well now).

I've been looking at these, my son was running AP's on his 2010 plate GTI Golf, they were quite good tbh.

Don't know how they suit the corrado.

Where have you seen them for that price Carrots?

(i'm sat on the fence as well now).

Cant remember the name of web site if I find it later I will post it on here.i still cant realy find and reviews about them.i know kw are the beter option but its the cost

Think John Mitchell Racing sell AP Coilovers.. if there's a few folks on here wanting a set, he might do a group buy?

Ap's are like a gazzilion times better than joms or any budget coilover on the market today. Better ride, much better quality and won't seize or rust like budgets. I ran both for a year, albiet on a mk3 golf vr6, and after 10k the ap's cleaned up like brand new where as the joms looked like they'd spent the year at the bottom of a lake. Those who buy budgets at 150 are still being ripped off.

My joms are seized solid they are about 2 years old but most prob only done 7k.i am tempted with the ap coilovers

Have them on mine and for the money they are good. Protected them with Denso tape and they were like new when removed, they have good chunky square threads so easy to clean up.

As said I wouldn't compare them to JOM etc.

mine have landed today from awesome! will be fitting them this weekend but wont know what they are like for a few weeks!

Snap and double snap, getting mine fitted next week, glad also to hear the positive comments for the kit. Seems like they are Good for the money anyway and the box has some interesting ladies on :)

O yea ladies with little amounts of clothing and also some helicopters and an aeroplane

I fitted a set of these to the other half's TT and found them to be well made and as stated above with a nice chunky thread so they wont damage easily.

This was however also the down side in so much as locking them in place with the chunky thread, I did find that they would move a bit if you were not very careful.

The only other thing I found was on the TT/MK4 platform, the rear springs were fully compressed with the car static, this will not let help the longevity as you would expect. - This may well not be an issue on the C but thought would mention it

Yea I've got new top mounts front and rear and bearings for the front.

Nice.

Can i ask where you got your new top mounts from?

Be interested to hear what the rides like on these as a lot cheaper that he B12s I was thinking of - what is the min and max lowering on these. B12 give 25-30mm - was thinking to look right I need around 30-35mm? Maybe 40mm max - Im on standard 15's

Any one left the standard shocks but added lowering springs. Was speaking to someone today and they said it gave a pretty comfortable and standard ride but with the sitting lower as I think many of us want