Sign in to follow this  
g-master

mk5 golf

Had one of these today as a courtesy car when the golf was in for a service, and im impressed from the outside the looks grow on you. Inside well the dash is cr*p compared to normal vw standards i did'nt like it at all but it was only a base model 1.6 fsi . The best thing about this car is the way it drives it's so much better than the mk4 and fu*k me it handles i really could'nt believe it :shock: bring on the gti version 8)

The slightly aftermarket versions of these with some slight cosmetic touches and some alloy wheels actually look really nice.. starting to like the look of these a lot.

Problem is they just cost so bloomin much.

I do actually like the MK5 and yep the independant rear suspension is responsible for the good handling. Rumour has it VW are working on R36, R40 and R50 engines for the forthcoming 'R' cars, which are going to rock.

Sure the MK5 has had a luke warm reception but the buying public and ever tightening emissions are responsible for the extra lard. If car X came with aircon, leather, 28 air bags, 48 side protection beams etc etc and VW didn't follow suit, they wouldn't sell any cars. It's all about Market research, supply and demand and the Golf always had and always will get plenty of buyers.

Wait until the MK5 R36 comes out :lol:

The Mk5 Golf has not been selling nearly aswell as the Mk4 did in its first year.The problem area is reported to be the interior, which people are not impressed with, I have to agree a little on the 'budget' side ... Still I like the racing prepped version with 18" BBS motorsport alloys on it, which was at this years motor show.

must admit i'm pretty amazed by the get up n go that the 1.6FSi has.........delivered one out to the sticks(50-ish miles) a couple of weeks back for Europcar and was well impressed by the more than decent performance it had :wink: