Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

The wheels aren't on!!! Gutted - One has been dropped - is bein replaced but will not be on for E38!!

I am going, will be there about tea time!!!

with any luck I may get there tomorrow and i'll be able to have a look at your car there. 8)

MOT PASSED :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Before it failed on emissions on 2 areas - Hydrocarbons was 6139!!!:shock: - Turns out that was the Vac pipe from the ECU to the TB hadn't been put on!!! That now reads 111 HC

CO Reading was 10.6% - Found that sue to a Lambda Sensor not working!!!!!!

Replaced and now reads 0.4% Hows that for an environmentally friendly car. And it's decatted!!!!

Crikey...that's pretty high! Glad you finally got it sorted.

Blue_Joe, nice one. remember if you need them wheels picking up...

Thanks for the offer fella - but in the end they were couriered over!

Well got in about 1am last night after taking a drive from Brum, up the M6 - stopped at Stoke to pick up 25ltrs of Methanol and 25ltrs of Demineralised water from Chris. Then carried on up to Manchester, onto the M62 and across the Pennines to Leeds then down the M1 home!!!

That totals up to 420 miles so far.

Tomorrow night I'm off to London and back!!! Still got work in the day which is a bummer but one more night after that and I'm then off to Chipwizards!!

Just a bugger that I got home went to open the bonnet just to check it over and the bloody bonnet release cable snapped!!! Anyone know where I can get a new one that will be in stock???????????

Well 2nd Night Done! - Thats 700 Miles done now!!!

Only one more night to go and then its mapping or me!

Car seems to be really loosening up now!

how's that chip holding up? Is it still reasonable on the fuelling, or is it lean or rich throughout the rev range? sounding like this one may be a good engine anyway... just wait until you hit over 10,000 miles and look at the grin on your face then! ;)

good to see yr racking the miles up sam... you''ll have to take me out for a spin once its mapped etc...

OMG!!!!

I Giggled ALL the way home!!!

Unfortunatly due to not being able to get the car on boost, I have never been able to test the Aquamist Meth Inj System and for some reason the pump wasn't working! So it had to be mapped without the Methanol Injection! So we didn't achieve quite as high a figure as we hoped.................................

However....................................

Wayne at Chipwizards mapped it for the torque as opposed to the high bhp. We achieved:

245bhp

But the Torque figure is IMMENSE!

246lbft of Torque.

All I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: The car is like a ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just takes off all the way through the Rev range and just KEEPS pulling. On the way home I took it on a "private road" and I lost my bottle at 125 as I was still accelarating hard and cars in front were rapidly getting closer.

And the delivery is sooooooooooo smooth. But it is a MONSTER!!! I can't get over the sheer accelaration difference.

...............................And the Methanol Inj is yet to be brought into the equasion

well impressive figs Sam............struan had similar power but very poor torque......oh and a fair smokescreen too :lol:

well impressive figs Sam............struan had similar power but very poor torque......oh and a fair smokescreen too :lol:

And there was me thinking Struan was all "Talk" :lol:

Or is it just blowing smoke!! :lol:

Sorry - Couldn't resist!!!!!!

Blue_Joe :notworthy: This is it - how all G's should be, tis the sh1t mate, I can only hope to get mine to a level some where around yours :salute: I hope one day I see your car in the flesh 8)

Impressive figures, congratutations. Do you have dyno print-outs you could post?

I do have the plots and they will be up as soon as I can scan them!

Blue_Joe :notworthy: This is it - how all G's should be, tis the s**t mate, I can only hope to get mine to a level some where around yours :salute: I hope one day I see your car in the flesh 8)

Thanks fella!!!