G6BBM

Corrado mod sunroof

Looking to put a glass sunroof in my Corrado. Which one fits. I'm sure I tried a Passat and a mk3 golf but both didn't follow the body of the Corrado. Any help?

I've got a B4 Passat Estate (mid 90's) in mine and the fit is good, you are right though the curvature is completely wrong on the MK3 Golf. Believe Seat Ibiza/Toledo of the same era will fit.

Currently investigating also the early Octavia, but have my doubts.

Pic of mine when initially fitted:

Thanks. I could not open the image. May be as I am still a newbie on the fourm😒. I will need to look out for one to see. Thanks

I have a Passat B4 moon roof fitted and it fits great. I understand the Golf roof has the wrong curvature but you can fit your original panel to it.

Can I just swap the glass panel over from a B4? Or would I need the shutter cover thing too? I've got a fully working sunroof don't want to swap it over & it stops working

As far as I know you need the whole cassette, Gloster Ox managed to find me one a while back but it's currently gathering dust in the garage, I'll fit it soon and do a quick write up.

BTW when I first saw the 'Ox's' roof I thought it was an optional extra, it's that good, looks totally OE.

Rog.

As I understand it from Mr Ox - you can also change over the mechanism / cassette from a Mk3 golf but retain the original steel roof. Its one of those jobs I can imagine will sty on the back burner for a long time as never open my roof anyway. My problem is and one day someone will come up with the fix is tat it looks like my mechanism works ok - I can slide and tilt it manually but in some way the motor doesn't work - changed the motor and switch and still had the same problem - its definitely something electrical but cannot find the fault! Im hoping someone has a eureka moment and knows what the fix is - one day!

I have the same problem Chuggs. You can't use the Golf mech though unless you're not bothered about the interior sunroof trim tilting, as there are hooks on the corrado mech to make it lift up, which are not on the Golf mech as the whole trim just slides back by hand whether tilting or sliding.

I have the same problem Chuggs. You can't use the Golf mech though unless you're not bothered about the interior sunroof trim tilting, as there are hooks on the corrado mech to make it lift up, which are not on the Golf mech as the whole trim just slides back by hand whether tilting or sliding.

Ah OK! Just need to find myself an auto electrician that likes a challenge as im soooo sure its something electrical - otherwise why would it tilt and slide manually but not electrically?! Something tells me the motor isn't man enough (as it stutters - you have to keep pressing and unpressing button and each time it moves 1cm) but we did change this over and still did not work - although the other motor moved it slightly better than the original

There was another thread recently which showed how to rebuild one using another, as it's generally just one of the two brushes that wear. I've got 3 old ones at home so hoping to make a usable one from those. Fingers crossed it's just that!

Looks pretty simple mate, give it a go. I would do yours, but I'm not gonna get chance to do mine til January I reckon!

May have a look over winter but I don't have many skills like that and will probably make it worse haha