Blademan72

Corrado vr6 Storm full restoration project

Hello all, I've been a member for a while but never posted before, so nice to meet you all. So a little about me and my car...

So I work in London and also team manage a Nissan Primera BTCC car for a number of years, also will hopefully managing a new team next year in the BTCC very much into my cars and motorbikes.

Anyway back to the interesting stuff ;)

So bought the car back in 2000, one previous owner and use it for low mileage driving and decided last year to take it off the road and start the restoration, so replaced all bushes, suspension, steering rack, braided hoses and a full re spray, looking really good.

replaced the "Nokia" speakers didn't even know they made them and changed the head unit, kept all the original stuff so can put back to total standard.

Original bbs alloys have been resprayed also sent the calipers off to big red, and now in blue ��

My attention has now moved do the little niggles that affect us all, so need your advise/help on the following

Sunroof, took this apart and the runners are broken so do you know if the stealers still sell these? Once sorted I have a new head liner to fit, just want to get everything working on her.

Fan blower, I have replaced the thermal fuse and bypassed it too but still only blowing on 4, I have bridged the connection on the control switch and seems you can get it to work on 4 but not on the other settings? So is this a switch issue?

Next is sorting out the heated seats, think this will just be a broken wire but should hopefully be an easy fix.

Any help will be much appreciated, I know a there are repair guides for some of the above, but the fan thing is doing my nut in!!

Edited by Blademan72

Will do, have pictures all the way through the project, just spoke to the stealers about the sunroof repair kit, seems they stopped making them in Dec so now looking for another replacement, do the mk3 golf ones fit?

Welcome aboard! What did Big Red charge you for your caliper overhaul, if you don't mind me asking?

Will do, have pictures all the way through the project, just spoke to the stealers about the sunroof repair kit, seems they stopped making them in Dec so now looking for another replacement, do the mk3 golf ones fit?

There are lots of threads on here about this subject - I think that most people move to a Passat moonroof

The MK3 Glass panel is the wrong curvature, however you can swop your current metal panel over to the complete Golf assy and it will fit.

Ian.

The MK3 Glass panel is the wrong curvature, however you can swop your current metal panel over to the complete Golf assy and it will fit.

Ian.

Thank you to you all for more info on this, I want to keep everything as standard as I can, I rang the stealers today and they stopped making the repair kit in December, so if I get the mk3 golf sunroof can I just remove the sliders from it and install in mine? Is it the same sliders and cable? Looking to do this on Saturday so will get one this week if this is the case, if not then if I install the whole sunroof system with my metal sunroof is it an exact fit? Do you have to change the motor over? Sorry for all the questions but I know a lot of you will have already done this and although a lot of information out there I don't want to go down the wrong road as trying to do this the best I can

Welcome aboard! What did Big Red charge you for your caliper overhaul, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi Jim,

Just checked back on old invoices, I went for the premium paint in blue, total cost was £260, but look really good, I hade to file back where the pads move but really happy with them, they replace all the gubbins too.

Good to know - thanks :) I look forward to seeing this one progress - there's been a few proper restorations happening all of a sudden.. makes me think the Corrado might be about to start picking up in value?

Thank you to you all for more info on this, I want to keep everything as standard as I can, I rang the stealers today and they stopped making the repair kit in December, so if I get the mk3 golf sunroof can I just remove the sliders from it and install in mine? Is it the same sliders and cable? Looking to do this on Saturday so will get one this week if this is the case, if not then if I install the whole sunroof system with my metal sunroof is it an exact fit? Do you have to change the motor over? Sorry for all the questions but I know a lot of you will have already done this and although a lot of information out there I don't want to go down the wrong road as trying to do this the best I can ��

To the best of my knowledge the whole sunroof "cassette" is interchangeable (8 or 10 bolts from memory) and then just swop the glass for your metal panel - If it's available at the breakers I would grab the motor as well, as they have a habit of giving up the ghost!

Ian.

So I have a number of pics of the project, where is the best place to add them? Here or in the gallery?

You should start a members gallery thread, good place to keep updates going