Grrrrallye

Silicon Hose Woes

Hi All.

I have a set of Forge coolant hoses for the VR but I'm having real issues with getting the last 2 to fit.

The 2 in question are the radiator hoses. The top hose is the one with the T in it for the small line going the the throttle body and the lower just goes to the 3 way block.

The top hose appears to be the wrong shape and almost at 90deg to the rad top

the lower hose is just too small.

Has anyone else had issues or have photos that shows clearly what i should be aiming for?

It is an AC car if that makes any odds?

Thanks

Post some pics of the hoses. Mine has a/c as well and the hoses are the same as a non-a/c car.

im sure from looking at the pics

I have roose motorsport hoses fitted on my VR, you could try looking at their page & comparing them to the forge ones you have

linky.... http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_97_191&products_id=1493

edit: in case you are unaware roose motorsport had someone send them their VR VW hoses for them to make a match

yeah they definitely don't look right

im not in the VR today so cant nip out & take you some pics of mine, howerver, if youlook on page 2 of my build thread you can clearly see the top rad hose & how it runs across to the expansion tank & then behind the the block

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44751-g0ldf1ng3r-s-VR-amp-return-of-the-valver-VR-wheel-swap/page2

Yeah, the rad hoses are different on a golf, the outlet is straight into the hose whereas the rado uses the 90 degree bend.

I have just mailed this to Forge to see what they have to say on the matter.

They had my stock hoses in order to pattern them so I guess I will see what they come back with.

Very gutting though as I only need the rad on to finally fire up the bloody thing and it might just spur me on to finish it!

Ye I agree unfortunately they are golf hoses, I've got samco hoses and they advised me on getting it right between golf and Corrado hoses. Hope you get it sorted mate.