logix42p

VR6 Brake Master Cylinder

Hello,

I'm after a VR6 brake master cylinder for a VR6 corrado. Its the type with one port underneath and a bleed nipple / reservoir up top.

I've tried getting one but everywhere seems to think its the later 4 port one but that doesn't mount.

It looks like this one below

IMG_8209.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: this is not my photograph and is one from someones previous advert.

Thanks

These are obsolete,what a lot of us are having to do is have it reconditioned.

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

This company will take your cylinder,rebore it,then sleeve it using a stainless tube,and fit all new seals.

I had mine done last year,and the pedal feel is better then ever

That is prob why i'm having such a hard time sourcing one then. Out of interest how much are they charging for a rebuild, PM me if you don't want it on here.

Cheers

I'm 99% certain that I have one of those, removed from my early VR6 when I did a Teves20 conversion. Let me check at my workshop on Monday and get back to you!!

I used that past parts place for mine after it was mentioned on here. Was cheaper than price above. More like £120

Ok thanks, id rather try a second unit because i'm not 100% sure its my master cylinder and then id probably send my old one off to get refurbished if that solves the problem.

I used that past parts place for mine after it was mentioned on here. Was cheaper than price above. More like £120

What was the turnaround?

Ok, it appears that I have two of these. Both are in good external condition and the cars they were removed from drove fine at the time of removing them. I keep them stored with the ports sealed with old brake pipe unions and the reservoir openings blocked with rag so I anticipate no issues internally. I've also checked the bleed nipples to ensure they aren't seized - both are fine.

See the pics attached, they actually have two union connections, not one. One is directly below the bleed nipple, the other in the opposite side, below the reservoir.

I've attached some pictures. Let me know if it's what you need.

Cheers

Tom

f22135943b5b095e06ff035e96c0082f.jpg

d42ed75754be7f1eac76051cf6ed9c44.jpg

6f4ffb69c99af35ae094f77af6732b76.jpg