Sign in to follow this  
seanoVR

Ferrari Trackday

Just got back from Silverstone where i had my first ever track day!! Got to drive the new TT 3.2 V6, Elise 111S and the Ferrari 355. It was an awesome day and well worth the £250.

Can't wait to go on another one. Maybe even take the Rado round a track!!! :D

cool!!

a mate let me drive his 355 a few months ago, only a few miles but it was fantastic! nearly 90mph in second gear produced a nice little soundtrack!!!!!

got to 130mph then bottled it as i realised i would be in serious trouble if i did anything wrong :lol:

and it had the added bonus of a fit girl who`d never spoken to me before coming up to me the next day and starting up a conversation.

i tried to pretend it was mine but couldnt keep a straight face! :lol: :lol:

Yeah.. very jelous :)

I've always wanted to do one of those.. Red Letter Days does one with 6 different cars (Diablo VT, SL55 AMG, Noble M12 GTO, etc) but its about £400 - though i'm sure it'd be a really really good time.

Thing is, its the kind of experience you'd want to share with a few mates but most of mine either don't drive, or just aren't into cars the way I am!! :(

I did a freebie day up with Lotus in Norfolk two years ago, and that was fantastic.. pelting it round the track as fast as you dare, and the instructor just encouraging you give it more and more (120 in 4th down the factory straight.. wooooohooo) :)

nice selection of cars!

i got an 'elise sports and racing' track day on the 9th of july at castle combe which was my 21st present from my parents back in march.

2 demo laps in a focus

3 driving laps in a focus :|

6 driving laps in a formula ford

1 demo lap and 5 driving laps in a scooby wrx

1 demo lap and 5 driving laps in a lotus elise

can't wait :D 8)

I pick my C up on Friday and it's got el cheapo tyres and almost dead discs and brakes on it, so I'm going to take it up to Snetterton with my mate's car full of spares and dispose of them :) Then I can put some Potenza boots, VAG discs and Pagid pads on 8)

Hyla Breese (Exige champion a couple of years back) also owes me some driving instruction...hmmmmm :D:D:D:D

Got taken around the track in a tuned Lotus Exige by this guy on that Lotus day.. its scary how much proper drivers punish the car! Felt like it was on the edge all the time!!