Jamie

Roof Trims - possible source?

Edited by Jamie
Don't want to stitch another forum member up

Just seen this on FB...

]

What's the score.... ? Like others need a set.

Another good find Jamie,

Edited by delfinis38

Just dropped him an email and they are 200euros a pair.

I'm going to see if he can send me pics of them and see how many sets and any group buy options etc

That's good news . A group buy of say .... 400 lol . Good find Jamie . Good luck Chris , could be on to a winner .

Sorry Jamie if I've stepped on your toes. If you have been in touch, let me know.

Oi Chris - they're £300 each side and you have to go through me OK??? :lol:

No worries boys it's nothing to do with me I just spotted that and know a few of you are after these so thought I'd stick it up here for you.

Right so that's bonnet foam and roof trims - anything else you need finding? :D

Just dropped him an email and they are 200euros a pair.

I'm going to see if he can send me pics of them and see how many sets and any group buy options etc

I'm up for a set dependant on quality. Was about to email, but didn't want to step on anyone's toes either.

Edited by delfinis38

Another reply, this sounds promising:

We have the roof mouldings presented on 06.27.2015 in Rinteln at the International Corrado meetings 18.

The Corrado Club Germany and members are absolutely convinced of the quality and workmanship of the roof mouldings, these were even perceived as better than the original standard.

For quality:

The roof moulding sets consist of high-quality materials:

Certified by:

TPE rubber strip ISO DIN ISO 3302-1

Tails PA12 DIN 16901A.

Yeah - karmannski has invested a lot of time and money into making replicas of the trims. Looked like good work too but I think folks are getting impatient.

Got a load of pictures sent through so will post them up tonight. They look good to me.

He is also looking to see if he has a short sample to send me.

at the moment he has 80 sets ready to go and will then be making more. They also come with end caps!

Is there anyway to link in more with other international Corrado forums - could be other things like this going on and could make for really powerful group buys. Probably easier said than done?!

Got a load of pictures sent through so will post them up tonight. They look good to me.

He is also looking to see if he has a short sample to send me.

at the moment he has 80 sets ready to go and will then be making more. They also come with end caps!

Interesting.

Edited by delfinis38

Yeah - karmannski has invested a lot of time and money into making replicas of the trims. Looked like good work too but I think folks are getting impatient.

Ok I'm really sorry Jim I haven't been on here for a while and I honestly thought last I read Karmannskis were dead in the water. I saw these and thought it might help the boys out but I don't want Karmannski to get done over so maybe it might be best to delete this thread?

No need to apologise at all mate - I know you are trying to just help folks out! Not sure what to do on this one really! At the end of the day people want roof trims and this guy you've found is making them seemingly to a high standard... the problem is karmannski's really!

I think his are in progress, but it's just very slow progress due to time shipping stuff over from the factory (in China?) and presumably other commitments.

I dont usually stick my ten pence in but on this one id say its fair to buy off whoever you want !

At the end of the day there is always more than one product for sale of different sellers ! You wouldnt just buy one type of coilover or one type of disk brake or pad

Karmanski has put in some good work with his but its taking time and people want the new trims now

Good find though jamie

I know what you're saying Matt I just don't feel comfortable after Karmannski has put so much work in to his. But I suppose it's a free market so people can make their own minds up. He may even say sod it - I'll save myself the hassle and have a set himself.

I'm just happy that either way it will hopefully stop people cashing in on "rare" items

Oi Chris - they're £300 each side and you have to go through me OK??? :lol:

No worries boys it's nothing to do with me I just spotted that and know a few of you are after these so thought I'd stick it up here for you.

Right so that's bonnet foam and roof trims - anything else you need finding? :D

Window scrapers. Mine are so shot they may aswell not be on the car for all the good they are doing.

I know what you're saying Matt I just don't feel comfortable after Karmannski has put so much work in to his. But I suppose it's a free market so people can make their own minds up. He may even say sod it - I'll save myself the hassle and have a set himself.

I'm just happy that either way it will hopefully stop people cashing in on "rare" items

Ill give you fifty quid for your VSR then...

Im keen for at least one set of these if they turn out to be decent..

Ill give you fifty quid for your VSR then...

Im keen for at least one set of these if they turn out to be decent..

Sorry Michael don't get what you mean mate?

Sorry Michael don't get what you mean mate?

Twas a joke about rare parts fetching high prices..

I think he was referring to your comment about people not cashing in on rare items... hence a lowball offer for your VW Motorsport VSR :)