Sign in to follow this  
SteveM16v

Hesitating

I've had so many problems with my C I'm starting to lose the will to live!

Headgasket went - £600 pounds later and I'm still having problems. It was running fine before the head gasket went, but since getting it back from the garage its running crap. Its hesitating when increasing speed and its also a bit gutt-less. The idle is ruff regardless of whether hot or cold.

I've given it back to the garage and they can't find the problem. They have changed the fuel filter as well as going over all of their work (twice) and still they can't find the fault and now insist it isn't down to them.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks as always

PS they also changed the leads

They say they have - twice!

Is there anything else it could be or is it worth trying another garage for a second opinion?

Have they had the cam covers off? To check the timing of the cams in relation to each other??????????? Just checking the belt and crank are in time is not enough. The cams need to be in phase with each other too. Getting the cams right can be a pain.

It's not a difficult job if you wanted to check it yourself. You need to remove the inlet manifold and the cam cover. Both jobs are dead easy and you only need a few tools.

Gavin