Drestroyr32

jabba or gwerks?!

so if you had a g60 and wanted a reliable stage 4 tune and top end rebuild with valves and a chip / map and a quick turn round where would your money be?

My G60 was done by jmr (John mitchel racing) he done a fair few other bits like recon and fit vr6 box and clutch I dint have the work done but previous owner did and he couldn't speak highly enough of him. It runs great for a 138k motor. It does depend on where you live or are you gonna strip them off the car and post them?

Unless something weird has happened in the last 12 months Gwerks no longer exists. I'd go with JMR but book him quickly, he's always busy.

JMR did a standard rebuild on my G-lader, and from the courier picking it up to delivering it back it was about 5 working days, and that was including probably a day extra where I had to phone up and pay!

JMR's had a G60 since the early 90's and from the sounds of it, there's nothing he hasn't done at one point or other. I've heard middling reports about Jabba lately, both in general and regarding G-lader rebuilds.

Phone up John at JMR and have a chat about what you want, he's one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, and he'll be getting all my business when it comes to the time for my G60 to be going down the same route as yours!

JMR gets my vote too. If I had a G60 still he is who I would be going to for any rebuild work on the charger :)

JMR is the man, not used him personally but he has helped my with problems and is very knowledgeable.

I made the mistake of using jabba and it only lasted 6k before it started howling, stripped it and found that used some random bearing brand and they went even c3 rated like they sound be!

Back in my G40 and Rallye days, I have had chargers rebuilt by GWerks back when they were up and running and its a shame they have gone as they always did a bang up job and turnd around in good time.

They even found damage as caused by Jabba from a previous rebuild on the 60 out of the Rallye so personally I would not go to Jabba

Well, I'll buck the trend, I wouldn't go anywhere else but Jabba for my engine work. I spent a lot of money with them on my 1.8T build. It has been faultless to date and has had the **** kicked out of it.

Well, I'll buck the trend, I wouldn't go anywhere else but Jabba for my engine work. I spent a lot of money with them on my 1.8T build. It has been faultless to date and has had the **** kicked out of it.

So, good for 1.8T but not necesarily for G60? When I first got my G60 it had a Jabba chip that was so rich it belched black smoke, and shot flame out of the back when changing gear. 30mins with G-Werks and a decent chip cured that immediately. Unfortuntely G-Werks are no more, but JMR is excellent with G60's.

So, good for 1.8T but not necesarily for G60? When I first got my G60 it had a Jabba chip that was so rich it belched black smoke, and shot flame out of the back when changing gear. 30mins with G-Werks and a decent chip cured that immediately. Unfortuntely G-Werks are no more, but JMR is excellent with G60's.

Likewise, you buying a faulty used a car with a Jabba chip in it doesn't really tell a full story.

It's like all internet bull****, you only tend to hear about bad experiences and one side of the story at that.

As you well know, Jabba have loads of experience with G60's and many happy customers as well as some disgruntled ones, like any tuning/garage business if you look at internet chat. They're still in business too.....

Just offering a different opinion.

Yeah I think that's exactly it with jabba.

They are a good lot and do some good work on the newer stuff but sadly I think they just don't care with the g lader rebuilds any more:(

30 mins, swapping the Jabba chip for an SLS one cured my over fuelling problem immediately. No other changes just the chip. Back when I got mine it was a fairly common problem and a lot of people moved to SLS chips. In 11 years of G60 ownership it never went back there. Not doubting their work with newer engines, as Richman says there seems to be a lack of love to the G60 these days.