Chuggs1

Thanks Gloucester OX

I can't help but think all the talk about the mechanism being a common fault has been a misdirection and there is something else electrical... If only we could solve it.... If the mechanisms work intermittently then surely it's something else.... But what and how to fix it????!!

me too but there are people who have changed switches, motors, cables, cartridges, looms & wiring - all to which the issue has persisted

i wonder if its worth getting an auto electrician to do some testing

Need to find a decent one that will investigate properly... Last one i used wasn't up to much

Need to find a decent one that will investigate properly... Last one i used wasn't up to much

i will ask my friend who has the camper van hire business as im sure he knows a very good one

i will ask my friend who has the camper van hire business as im sure he knows a very good one

Show him this when you speak to him. May help and makes an interesting read... Could be why Ians motor didn't improve things as they may all have this problem if second hand... Is there another direct swap motor that may be better? http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?87879-Sunroof-motor-brushes

Not to me it doesn't Sean :lol: I'm using a MKIII cartridge with the original Corrado inner sunroof trim and it all slides perfectly. The inner panel moves with the glass or on it's own...

That is strange!

Maybe there were different interior trim panels in the Golf or something.................

The metal lid fits fine, but there are stainless hooks on the front sliders that tilt the interior panel up when the sunroof is raised. This didn't happen when I fitted the mk3 cassette directly as there are guides in the interior panel for the hooks, so I had to strip it down and swap the parts over as my rear slider was buggered on the original. The interior panel slid back fine, it just wouldn't tilt the panel up with the mk3 one. :shrug:

And this is a bit beyond me but again backs up the above... http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?38298-sunroof-motor-repair

Haha - done that as well!

That is strange!

Maybe there were different interior trim panels in the Golf or something.................

The metal lid fits fine, but there are stainless hooks on the front sliders that tilt the interior panel up when the sunroof is raised. This didn't happen when I fitted the mk3 cassette directly as there are guides in the interior panel for the hooks, so I had to strip it down and swap the parts over as my rear slider was buggered on the original. The interior panel slid back fine, it just wouldn't tilt the panel up with the mk3 one. :shrug:

Ah - my interior panel doesn't tilt with the panel it stays where it is. It did on the old one as well - I thought it was supposed to be like that so you can have the sunroof open but keep the panel closed? Was definitely like that on my old Sierra as well. Maybe there are different types like you say?

Haha phone playing funny buggers!

i see lol

my iphone is great....unless you use it!!

seriously considering going back to a £10 model which can make a call or send a txt when i ask it to

i see lol

my iphone is great....unless you use it!!

seriously considering going back to a £10 model which can make a call or send a txt when i ask it to

Does my nut in constantly doing it. until I notice the clicking of text!!!!

Does my nut in constantly doing it. until I notice the clicking of text!!!!

supposed 'advanced' technology as well