mic_VR

Trackday/Fast road pads

So what are people running these days on their fast road cars?

I'm after a new set for the AP's and originally I wanted Pagid Grey's (RS15) but unfortunately they don't seem to make them anymore...

Shame, they were good pads!

Just looked on Pagid Racing's site and the RST1 looks similar in behaviour to the old RS15, or it might be even better!

I know, thought I might be able to get a set somewhere but no joy.

RST1 looks good but can't find anywhere that supplies specifically for the CP5200 caliper. Unless anyone happens to know what OEM vehicle they came on???

Thinking of trying either the Ferodo DS2500 as they seem similar in spec to the RS15's. Or the DS3000, although they are a track only pad and not great from cold.

Hmm, see I'm running yellow stuffs at the moment and I've never been overly impressed.... but then I've never tracked them so the heat may not have gotten up in them...

They are affordable though....

Maybe I'll give them another try. They're 1/2 the price of the Ferodo. Mine are also very worn.

Used to run Ferodo's on the road rather than for track and they were very good!

Maybe I'll give them another try. They're 1/2 the price of the Ferodo. Mine are also very worn.

How much are the Ferrodo?

£80 ish for the Yellows, £130 for the DS2500.

Reviews swing between the two depending on which site your read, generally the ferodo seems road biased and yellows slightly track biased. One of the kind factors that I haven't yet worked out in bedding in time. I'm not sure I'll have enough mileage on my trip to Castle Combe to bed in the yellows....

Got red stuff on the family car with ebc drilled and groved disks and they are a massive improvement on the standard brakes

I know, thought I might be able to get a set somewhere but no joy.

RST1 looks good but can't find anywhere that supplies specifically for the CP5200 caliper. Unless anyone happens to know what OEM vehicle they came on???

Thinking of trying either the Ferodo DS2500 as they seem similar in spec to the RS15's. Or the DS3000, although they are a track only pad and not great from cold.

I tried RS15, DS2500, Yellow stuff and some other pad I forget right now, but the Yellows were by far the worst. The RS15 was loads better than the DS2500. They felt the same from cold but the 15 was just something else when hot!

Something to bear in mind with race pads is the corrosive dust some of them kick off. The high metal content can literally burn holes into the wheel lacquer. The RS15s were the worst for that and the Yellows the best, but stopping power was more of a priority for me, so didn't mind scruffy looking rims!

I tried RS15, DS2500, Yellow stuff and some other pad I forget right now, but the Yellows were by far the worst. The RS15 was loads better than the DS2500. They felt the same from cold but the 15 was just something else when hot!

Something to bear in mind with race pads is the corrosive dust some of them kick off. The high metal content can literally burn holes into the wheel lacquer. The RS15s were the worst for that and the Yellows the best, but stopping power was more of a priority for me, so didn't mind scruffy looking rims!

If I could get them I'd be all over the RS15's right now. The Rota's are not precious wheels, so dust isn't an issue I just want braking!

Working on the car last night it seems the yellow's still have loads of meat on them... the noise I thought was the wear markers was actually a slipped backing plate. Still fancy changing them though...

I'm going to ring a few places today to see if anyone has a set of RS15's lying around.

Kev, were your calipers CP5200's? Don't suppose you know what the pad numbers were for your RS15's?

Edited by mic_VR

RS15s are £230 for me :(

I may have found somewhere that'll do them for £224 but they're having to check whether they'll fit my calipers...

But if they're as good as Kev says..... oh mama!

keep us up to date mate. TBF the yellows provide more bite than the tyres can handle now.... they just need a bit of warmth

Right. Ordered some RS15's, £224, but they won't be here until Saturday so I'll run the remainder of the yellows at Castle Combe and replace with the RS15's once I'm home.

Hopefully the yellows with a bit of heat will perform....OK.....