Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Lowered Corrado + Insurance

I have seen the car of my dreams! A Corrado 1.8 16V - H reg - 87,000 miles - seems in good shape mechanically - and due to an imperfect body work its only £1000.

One big problem though!

The car has been lowered. Got a quote from my insurance company and they have said that as i am under 25 - i cannot be insured on a car that has been lowered! That was Direct Line's word :(

Now there must be guys here with lowered Corrados that are insured on em and under 25.. or do ur insurance companies think ur car is unmodified?

All help greatly appreciated! :cry:

I used elephant.co.uk

Cheapest quote I got by a mile - mines lowered 40mm, on 17inch rims - insured no probs (I''m 24)

Hope they're of use - online quote takes 5mins

Cheers dazzy & Harrow - i just tried elephant - but got the message:

"We are unable to insure a car with this type of modification(s)"

doh! All i said was that it had alloys and had been lowered.

Im gonna try hic and adrian flux now! :(

Be careful with elephant, they said they'd insure me with a lowered Corrado, but when I enquired further I was told they couldn't cover aftermarket modifications to the suspension. WTF? :?

I went with Adrian Flux in the end, I'm under 25 and my car's been lowered on coilovers. I was told it only made a little difference to my premium too, hardly neglible in comparison to what they charge for being a "young driver".

try brentacre insurance

i am 22 one claim non fault and one claim outstanding (none fault but cant prove it :( )

4 years ncb 750 pound i can do any modifications i want as long as it does nt go over 250bhp.

the guy that runs it is building a g60 16v corrado

i did get a cheaper quote with hic and adrain flux but prefered this package

Kangaroo Boy,

I think, but might be wrong, that Elephant mean that whilst your corrado is insured for the road lowered (Ie still have valid insurance) they do not cover the cost of the mods - ie will not payout for coilovers getting knackered in an accident. I think the same applies for my 17' rims where they'll not payout if damaged but the car as a whole is still protected.

try http://www.carsource.co.uk, on a standard G60 they want £895 TPFT off me and im 23 on monday. Been driving since i was 18 on a full licence but never had own insurance so ive got 0 NCB. Being lowered shouldnt make much difference to be honest!!

Cheers dazzy & Harrow - i just tried elephant - but got the message:

"We are unable to insure a car with this type of modification(s)"

doh! All i said was that it had alloys and had been lowered.

Im gonna try hic and adrian flux now! :(

Theres 2 options for lowered suspension on elephant depending on how much the car is lowered by. Try the other one.

Theres 2 options for lowered suspension on elephant depending on how much the car is lowered by. Try the other one.

Omg - thank you SO much Joe - what a stupid mistake i made - cheers! I got a quote - £720 from elephant - i will try a few other places too.

Guys - now that i have found the "reasonable insurance quote" i needed i am very close to buying the car - i will check out all the places you guys mentioned and get a quote from them - thanks for your help!

If all things go to plan I will have pictures up here very soon.. also may have to change my user name if i do finally get a Corrado!