g0ldf1ng3r

How could anybody think this 'fix' was safe to drive with!!!!

Indeed it does, I saw the thread when you originally posted it, but had to wait til I was home to be able to post that pic. He laughed afterward, but the bonnet obliterated the windscreen and luckily he was on a quiet road as it could've been fatal to other road users.

Not cool at all, and extremely dangerous.

thankfully neither the general public nor himself were hurt, very lucky!

I bet that car needed new seats as well due to the amount of 'holy sh1t' that was dumped on them when it happened lol

This is what happened when the guy that bought my accident damaged valver decided to drive it to his yard for breaking. It wouldn't close properly, so was held on with just the catch.

IMG_3661.jpg

When you say "accident damged" and "the bonnet couldnt close" this leads me to belive that the slam panel was already messed up,in which case im not surprised the bonnet latch gave way, look at what it had to hold on too! lol

P.S love the g12 washer bottle coolant haha

ouch... problem is the people who take the risk always seem to walk away fine but it is the inocent by stander who gets injured 9 times out of 10.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the difference in an accident damaged corrado and an undamaged mk5 golf but if the OP thinks their comparable and that all bonnet safety catches are simply there for fun and not purpose then there is not much else to be said.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the difference in an accident damaged corrado and an undamaged mk5 golf but if the OP thinks their comparable and that all bonnet safety catches are simply there for fun and not purpose then there is not much else to be said.

I do wish you would stop having a go a me personally! I have not, at any point, attacked you personally & I don't appreciate you doing so.

my original post was not a personal attack on the driver of the car, it was to question why the average person would deem it 'safe' to drive a car with a broken bonnet (however it was broken) when it would clearly be an MOT failure

fortunately the majority of community here is not one where threads turn into a slanging match & I have no interest in entering such

admins pls lock or remove this thread, thank you

Yes the slam was damaged, however how is the safety catch released? Thats right, its pushed back........ Therefore, with enough wind resistance against the catch, and a vibrating car whilst travelling at speed = bonnet release - released! Anyone that thinks its fine is as stupid as the guy in the original pic imo.

Oh, and that washer bottle was filled with halfords ready mixed crap by the way, not coolant! lol

Edited by seanl82

Wow that original photo reminds me of our UK borders, they're only made of thin tape as well, lol

I do wish you would stop having a go a me personally! I have not, at any point, attacked you personally & I don't appreciate you doing so.

my original post was not a personal attack on the driver of the car, it was to question why the average person would deem it 'safe' to drive a car with a broken bonnet (however it was broken) when it would clearly be an MOT failure

fortunately the majority of community here is not one where threads turn into a slanging match & I have no interest in entering such

admins pls lock or remove this thread, thank you

I'm not personally attacking you, i'm attacking the poor logic of this thread. You say your not having ago at the driver of the golf but clearly you did, based on little more than an assumption. And then went on to say,

''It truly does display, IMO, the problem with the country/s dumbing everything down for the lowest common denominator of person''

A bit over the top don't you think.

I'm not personally attacking you, i'm attacking the poor logic of this thread. You say your not having ago at the driver of the golf but clearly you did, based on little more than an assumption. And then went on to say,

''It truly does display, IMO, the problem with the country/s dumbing everything down for the lowest common denominator of person''

A bit over the top don't you think.

think what you will