Welsh g60

price for replacing cv boot

Can any1 tell me how much I should expect to pay to have a cv boot fitted by a garage, I havnt got a clue and dont want to get ripped off

Is it that Knackered ?

I had a bad habit of superglueing the hole back up,it does pass the MOT,well it used to !! as theres no hole to comment on !

Is it for an MOT or peace of mind ?

chubbz

It has compleatley split in half and the MOT is due. I've got a new boot but not the time or inclination to fit it, I just want to know how much labour charges should be.

depends which garage you use,it is an easy job to do,shouldnt take more than a couple of hours to do,should be less but some mechanics get paid by the hour

I think it should take longer than an hour to change so would say about 40-50 quid for and hours labour.

I had few quotes cos need to do mine as well and the cheapest I found was 50 quid! Normally is about 69 to 100 quid!

I'd get the MOT place to do it before they test the car. But yeah probs about an hour's labour. Have to disconnect wishbone/steering rack from hub, undo driveshaft, dismantle driveshaft, swap the boots over and redo all the undoing stuff :D

No more than an hours labour including running the CV through a parts washer... I'd expect to pay between £75-£125 including the genuine CV kit depending on the cost of labour.

Another thing thats worth bearing in mind is that each time I've replaced one myself the tracking has been way off afterwards. Worth checking that the garage quote includes lining it up.

i think he may have sorted it after 7 and a half years guys LOL!