emmib

fond farewell

hi all

i seem to have taken leave of my senses and decided its time for me to put my girl up for sale, (no more ear splitting smiles and pure fun for me :sad:)

so before i depart i would just like to say what a fab,friendly informative forum this is and worlds apart from others i have had the misfortune of joining

although i don't post very often i do sign in now and again and have regular updates from my boyfriend on whats going on and the amount of knowledge and advice etc is second to none, in fact i think if you cant find an answer on here then the problem probably doesn't exist.

i may call on you now and again as i am still gonna drive a v w (old one) and i'm sure i'm going to come across problems that you lovely peeps can help with

keep up the good work guys :thumbleft:

Always nice to get that kind of feedback on this community, and sorry to hear you're putting the car up for sale and moving on. Hopefully you find your way back into a Corrado again in the future and hopefully we're still here :)

thanks jim

there is one thing you can be sure of is that i will be back in the future once a corrado driver always a corrado driver :dance:

hi all

i seem to have taken leave of my senses and decided its time for me to put my girl up for sale, (no more ear splitting smiles and pure fun for me :sad:)

so before i depart i would just like to say what a fab,friendly informative forum this is and worlds apart from others i have had the misfortune of joining

although i don't post very often i do sign in now and again and have regular updates from my boyfriend on whats going on and the amount of knowledge and advice etc is second to none, in fact i think if you cant find an answer on here then the problem probably doesn't exist.

i may call on you now and again as i am still gonna drive a v w (old one) and i'm sure i'm going to come across problems that you lovely peeps can help with

keep up the good work guys :thumbleft:

lovely post :)

hopefully we can find a new owner who will love, cherish & care for your storm as much as you have in your time together

we will get you another in the future, until then you know you can drive one of mine whenever you want :D

I would have it if I had the spare dollar! Maybe I should sell mine and buy it... Lol. Would need to sell it for too much though considering that I've spent on it over the last year since owning it and having bought it for 6k. But not many low mileage fairly standard cars out there. Mmmm. Wanted a storm initially but there were none for sale when I was looking and I was impatient

Have you thought about having your storm converted to LPG?

forgive me for being stupid, but why? would it be cheaper to run? my girl is fantastic actually at MPG considering my job (looking after the elderly in their own homes) it involves short journeys and quite often i can get 34-36 MPG out of her regularly the beauty of the rado she just pootles perfectly in 5th gear at 25/30 miles an hour, god i will miss her

what difference would i see?

forgive me for being stupid, but why? would it be cheaper to run? my girl is fantastic actually at MPG considering my job (looking after the elderly in their own homes) it involves short journeys and quite often i can get 34-36 MPG out of her regularly the beauty of the rado she just pootles perfectly in 5th gear at 25/30 miles an hour, god i will miss her

what difference would i see?

LPG is a by-product of the petrol industry, its much cheaper to buy, if you get approx. 30mpg now converted to LPG pound for pound you'll get the equivalent of 50MPG.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/costs/fuel-prices/

The car would have to be converted and have a gas tank fitted in the boot

The trouble with LPG Em is that for a return of the outlay, you'd have to do 40 - 50k miles to break even cost wise. Unless you're planning to keep the car for a very long time its simply not worth it.

The trouble with LPG Em is that for a return of the outlay, you'd have to do 40 - 50k miles to break even cost wise. Unless you're planning to keep the car for a very long time its simply not worth it.

This is true, but you will make the car more desirable and increase its value to some people with the kit fitted when it comes to sell.

The storm will slowly creep up in value, a new diesel golf or similar will go down in value.

Horses for courses on a cost front, its more of a concern that most installs look a little untidy?