Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .........just had someone's door blow open into the side of my storm.......surprisingly i wasn't too bad to the offender.....especially considering the mother of all door knocks now on the rear qtr bang on the swage line too :cry: :cry: :cry: ..........and i know she was genuinely sorry to see the damage she caused......anyway she gave me her contact details(and vice-versa) and i told her i would prefer it to go through insurance and she was fine about it........got a phone call from her 1 hour after it happened and she gave a number to phone,which turned out to be her insurance and to cut a long story short its going to go into a VW-approved repairer and get fixed once the quote has come through........and i'll get a courtesy/hire car too......so it just goes to show that there are at least some decent people out there :wink: ...........even though she was a bit careless by not holding on to her door when she opened it at least she's making amends for it.....well touch wood :wink:

Lucky you were in the car mate to see it as half these people wouldn't even notice they'd done it and just drive off leaving you with a big repair bill!

well got the estimate in from the local VW-approved bodyshop...............also getting them to re-spray my passenger door at my cost......due to the fact there is a wee door knock there too and its also been previously resprayed(v cheaply and not too good on reflection) and somehow just looks a different shade in bright sunlight......anyway i'm getting the door done at a reduced cost as they would have to do some blending in while they do the insurance job.....anyway here's the prices

Insurance Job:-

repair and re-paint rear N/s quarter............remove and refit trim.......blend in to N/S side door

£273

Job at my cost:-

repair and repaint N/S door remove and re-fit trim

£139