massbad69

Storm grey VR6 - Sold

Got the short shifter and passenger window regulator coming from Dave and also a set of Bowden cables for the heater controls.

Ordered rear caliper carriers and a wiper motor cover as it's missing.

Once I'm back from my hols I'm going to order up everything for the rear axle rebuild but only if I have the guts to try it myself, which I'm not sure about.

I'm no mechanic so need to see if I can tackle it ??

Corrados never had wiper motor covers, peeps just put them on to make them look a bit nicer.

• Like 1

Wipers look great, nice job.

Rear axle isn't too hard to rebuild, hardest bit is the bushes and thats quite easy with the correct tool (i borrowed one off someone on here) Made it easy. I'd definitely go for standard bushes, i had powerflex ones before and although they are easy to fit i wasn't happy with them and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Thanks for that.

I was going for standard bushes which def need done as the originals aren't looking too clever.

What sort of tool is required ?

Thanks Jim

I'm now scared to bits :scratch: I need to give the underside a good looking through and see what needs done.

I will message my mechanic mate to see if he would give me a hand.

I could just get the garage that I use to do the axle rebuild as I get a great deal but I want to paint it all up.

Corrados never had wiper motor covers, peeps just put them on to make them look a bit nicer.

I learn something everyday, cheers

If I come to do the rear beam I can't find a brake bias valve for the VR6, I've seen Corrado ones but they say they don't fit mine ?

Are they easy to fit with beam on the car, only ever changed pipes to mine.

not sure - I think you may have to drop the beam slightly to get access

I believe they can be a b1tch to get out though

Unsure, but I plan to be doing this in the near future, beam is off though. The one on my Twilight VR was so rusty I just cut the pipes and Spring and it's still there waiting for me to try again....so I can get it refurbished

I'm getting more scared of tackling the rear beam the more I read :bonk:

Nothing needs doing but I like to try and get my cars to their best condition and when I do a job I try to do that job properly.

It all started with wanting to paint the calipers and now I'm considering going to the moon :dance:

Why not source a used rear axle and rebuild that before selling your old one on?

Why not source a used rear axle and rebuild that before selling your old one on?

That's a decent idea, thanks for that.

I will see if there are any around when I return from my hols.

That's the car booked into the bodyshop at the start of November to get the rust blister sorted on the tailgate and the dings removed.

Once that's completed I can get it booked in for a week at the detailers getting the paint corrected, glass polished and engine bay steam cleaned.

A wee 1994/5 price list popped through the door as well as the non-standard wiper motor cover.

47A5B500-EB7F-440D-9FA2-CF89564CF361_zpsi95m62sv.jpg

1279ACE6-FB67-4701-B62B-40E6B20AFA2F_zpsw7uxueml.jpg

320F40AF-3529-4D2C-BE39-D34130FB4FB9_zpsxe1vgxn8.jpg

Newbie question alert

Although my speed lines are mint the tyres need replaced IMO but I've seen a lovely set of Borbet A's

They are 16 X 7.5 with et20

Can someone give me advice to what's the perfect tyre size for these considering I've got the Bilstein B12 suspension kit on the car lowering it approx -30mm ?

Are 205 45 16 the best fit ?

Cheers

Just ordered new discs and pads all round, new braided brake hoses, rear brake shields, new rear abs rotors, new rear calipers with carriers and carrier bolts and rear wheel bearings.

Also full service kit for next year.

So got to see how much I want to do to the back end ?

Bowden cables arrived in case they are required when I get round to checking the heater controls.

Alpine speakers ordered for dash, doors and rears.

New black bonnet prop clip arrived rather than the new white one as has the rear caliper slider kit.

I would be interested to hear how the speakers are, did you get an amp or you just running them straight from the stereo?

When I get round to fitting them I was just going to run them from the stereo at first to see the quality but I will need a decent headunit as well but small steps at a time.

So a few things arrived

C1500BDB-E844-4F4D-8F4F-324AD3922E49_zpsuyozsgtq.jpg

I will sort all the new bits out tomorrow as my garages are piled high just now so need to sort one out in the morning