fendervg

Butyl seal for door membranes?

Hi all - doing work on my driver's side door soon, so was wondering what people have been using recently to stick on their door membranes. I've seen references to double sided tape (that was the way the old VAG membranes were done) and then also to butyl tape, and have come across various types and sizes of butyl on ebay, but it would be nice to know of someone who had a particular brand or item that they have used successfully in the recent past. The bead on most of the tape available on ebay seems to large for a start.

Cheers to all.

ive used a combo off spray glue, and some sticky as hell waterproof black stuff, similar to that used on sound deadening stuff, just without the foil on it.

I used the rope butyl tape I work with all the time , to seal mine . You can by it online from Pam ties . You may get cheaper I'm not sure . We use it in the damproofing game . So it's obviously water proof and sticks very well , you can also peal it back if the need arises .

Yes , I don't see why not , sorry bud , I made a mistake , it was the wider tape I used . My bad ! . I didn't cut it down though .