Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

Stealth CCGB Day [56k Beware] Downloads Ready :D

Thanks all for coming and making a good day.

Anyone surprised at anything they saw on the day?

I will be hosting video (only taken with webcam) of all of the cars that went on the rollers after I arrived. I will give you the link as soon as I have prepared and uploaded it.

Long may she reign. (The C that is)

David

I talked to you at last Stealth rolling road day, but I didn't spot you there today.. doh.

Wondered who it was with the laptop & webcam - don't suppose it recorded sound as well as picture did it? :)

Here is my admittedly crummy selection of pictures - I just don't bother with this camera any more, as in-door pictures are always blurry ot grainy, and outdoor ones just under or overexposed depending on how the camera feels.. these are the best of the ones I took :

P1010030.JPG

P1010031.JPG

P1010032.JPG

P1010035.JPG

P1010037.JPG

P1010040.JPG

P1010042.JPG

P1010043.JPG

P1010045.JPG

Well it was either Guy's (no change there!) or someone else with a Supercharged VR6 who put out almost identical power - around 275BHP :shock:

Yes, the webcam DID include sound...but I think cutting the whole video into individual car sections may take me a little while.

One thing I should say is that the image quality isn't fantastic as there was some interference from the sheer volume of sound, and I am not sure who's car was who's !

The number plates will not be distinguishable so I will label the cars by "Car 1", "Car 2" etc...you will have to find your own car I'm afraid. (but I'll label them in the order they went on the rollers)

URL will follow (hopefully) tomorrow.

Groovy.

Thanks for taking the time to sort all this out :)

some very nice looking C's there 8) 8) 8) 8) ................and i must say jim........yer G60 looks damn nice 8)

To be honest, every car looked good parked there under those ramps, especially J's - but I was weilding the camera so I had to grab a piccie of mine. I think Jeremy took one of it parked there as well so i'll have to ask him for a copy of the picture as his camera is about 1000 times better than mine.

Videos are not ready yet - sorry.

What would be a reasonable size file per car for ppl to download do you think? What format is preferred - .avi? .mpg?

I will compress to the best quality for that size file then.

If it can do it, Windows Media is probably the best.. admittedly it makes it more awkward for Linux/UNIX users but it saves on bandwith and you can stream the downloads rather than having to download them before watching them :)

I personally am not too worried how big each files comes in at.. but then I am a greedy 1mbit broadband user :D

Good news and bad news.

Good news : I have split the video into 5 cuts, chronologically labelled.

Bad News : The cars are not downloadable individually, so the file sizes are a little large for 56k (12-17MB) :oops:

Uploading this evening - will post URL when they are ready.

They came out really well.. what a novel idea recording a whole video session of the event.

Thanks very much dtjames!

My car is the first one on session 3 - watching it now :D

I work at the university who are one of the core providers to other educational establishments throughout the Midlands.. so they have bandwith like you wouldn't believe ;)

Well it was either Guy's (no change there!) or someone else with a Supercharged VR6 who put out almost identical power - around 275BHP :shock:

That was me :) My car made 274/241 before the schrick and 275/240 afterwards. The schrick only seems to have added 10 lbft in the lower revs and probably makes a bigger impact on a non-supercharged car. Guy Hartley's car was down on power due to a boost leak and belt slippage.