Ben Hunt

Are the g60 corrado and mk2 gti golf subframes the same?

Hey,

They look the same from pics but have seen people say they are the same and some say they are not...

Anyone know?

Ben.

Hi Ben,

It'll bolt up fine to the G60 but it will be missing the short extensions at the rear mounts which is no big deal as the rear wishbone bolts are the main mounting points. Also the mk2 subframe will likely be missing the bracket that holds the 'dampener', basically i big chunk of iron that reduces vibration. Also the wishbone rear mounts will likely need to use the mk2 sleeves to centralise the bush whereas the G60 has 'U' shaped lugs on the subframe to locate the bush so no need for the sleeves.

So yeah it will fit, but along with the consideration of these issues.

Hi Ben,

It'll bolt up fine to the G60 but it will be missing the short extensions at the rear mounts which is no big deal as the rear wishbone bolts are the main mounting points. Also the mk2 subframe will likely be missing the bracket that holds the 'dampener', basically i big chunk of iron that reduces vibration. Also the wishbone rear mounts will likely need to use the mk2 sleeves to centralise the bush whereas the G60 has 'U' shaped lugs on the subframe to locate the bush so no need for the sleeves.

So yeah it will fit, but along with the consideration of these issues.

Ah okay an even more extensive reply than i was expecting. Ill stick to the original one then, just that i found brand new mk2 gti ones on ebay for £110... Not to worry ill just powdercoat the one im getting off a breaker :)

Thanks again mate very useful info