Sign in to follow this  
Blair

Larger intercooler

Well you will have to move your alternator in order to fit the manifold, good luck as its messy :lol:

I've gathered, but if everything was easy, it just wouldn't be fun :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the quick replies

It all depends on how you do the x-flow conversion as to if the Golf G60 intercooler will fit... If you drop the alternator under the charger on an air con pump mount (or similar) then there's no way you could get the pipework to the intake of the Golf's intercooler... you'd need to see how the engine is set up before choosing which intercooler you're gonna fit to make sure that it'll all piece together properly... 8)

I spoke to Darren earlier (cheers mate), and he said this IC would fit fine and would go well with the X-Flow.

I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow so might have a go at fitting it at the weekend.

Now, where are the fitting instuctions?? :oops: :oops:

(Henny, HEEEELP!!! :lol: )

This might make me sound stupid (set myself up a bit there eh?) but, does the IC fit infront of or behind the radiator?

I'm guessing in front? :oops:

I'm still not sure as whether to do it my self or not. I used to do all sorts on my mk1 but am a bit scared with the C :oops:

yup, infront of the rad...

The Corrado is easier to work on than the MKI 'cos all the front end just bolts on to give great access! 8)

I'll dig out some instructions tonight after I've re-fitted my cylinder head and given the car a test drive.... :|

can anyone advise me were to get a bargain large golf or rally intercooler from.[with all ness pipes ect].

a

nd does anyone speak german and fancy purchasing one for me for an agreed fee

cheers .

brian.

Right, I picked the IC up last night and OMG!!! It's huge!

What will I need to remove in order to get it on? Also I think I might have to re-locate my oil cooler due to it being infront of the rad???

Brian, you best bet is to look on here or other forums in the parts for sale sections.

It took me a bit but I've ended up dropping on. My uncle speaks german so when he gets in from work I'll ask him to look on german ebay to see if any are on.

Put the oil cooler where the old intercooler was... should just need a new pair of pipes to make it fit... 8)

I've still not dug out the instructions, and I'm about to head off to Malvern, but I'll post 'em up tonight... 8)

No probs mate, I did a quick search on german ebay yesterday, but couldn't find a G60 one.

But my uncle still has friends over there and, he knows of a big vw parts place so I'll see if I can call in a favour.

If I can find one I'll let you know.

(I should have done this to try and find myself one, but only just thought of it :oops: :lol: )

Right, just been looking some posts and someone mentioned something about a cross over pipe from the IC to throttle body?

Will the one I have on my C work or do I need the specific Golf Rallye/G60 one???

Anyone got an idea how much someone would charge to fit a Rallye intercooler? :oops:

I know I keep adding to this, but don't really want to start the job not having all the bits.

Is the pipe coming from the throttle body to the IC different on the C than on the golf?

Cheers

RACK

yes. so is the one going to the throttle body from that pipe, although that one's not so critical...

The golf's pipe is longer in the depth into the engine bay (front to back direction)

adding to this, the bigger intercooler is the best mod ive done so far, hands down!!!

made my car much more eager and responsive. definately recomended!!

theres pics of it being fitted in my gallery if you wanna have a look

stel g60, do you mind if I pinch those pics to use as I write up a nice "how to" guide? I've not got any pics of mine being fitted as I just wanted to get the damned thing back in one piece again! :oops: :lol:

yeah go for it henny :) . my mate might have some more on his phone still so if i can get em ill send you those aswell

Sorry to bump this again, but which of two bits of casting need cutting off?

I'll go and sit back down now in the corner with my pointy hat, with the D on it :cry: