G60Jet

It's been a while.

Well years after selling my G60Jet I'm back, I'm thinking of returning to the Corrado fold. I still miss the old girl and think i want another. but one to lock away and only use as a weekend drive.

So what's still out there for the old G60.

Who is servicing the Chargers and Who is doing the Stage 5 chips?

Are durables still available like bushes etc. What are VW still selling if anything.

all comments welcome.

Welcome back! Shame you sold the Jet, and I don't think you'll find another for sale unfortunately. As for regular G60, OCD (only charged dubs) and JMR (John Mitchell Racing) are doing charger rebuilds, so it depends where you're based. Not sure if they are going as far as stage 5 though, you'll have to contact them to be sure.

As for parts, something goes obsolete through VW direct on a monthly basis it seems. VW Heritage are doing a pretty good job of sourcing parts through VW Classic parts, with a few bits and pieces starting to be re-made, or if its not cost efficient, they're getting decent quality aftermarket parts in stock, and even commisioning reproduction parts through various manufacturers (Carpets etc).

Hope this helps, and good luck with your search, theres a nice sounding original G60 just popped up for sale as it happens!

Never expected you to come back Nigel - welcome.

In terms of G60 specific servicing (i.e. G-Laders) well John Mitchell is still in business on the south coast and still very well liked for his knowledge in that area so I'd be looking at him myself if I was to buy a G60 again. Alternatively there's these guys (http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk) though don't know if anyone has much experience with them or not? For general servicing and maintenance, Stealth Racing are still going too so would be looking at them for the regular maintenance and everything else.

Parts are becoming a bit more scarce, no doubt - availability is pretty hit and miss so buy as complete a car as you can! VW has a scheme up and running to reproduce some parts - you can find them if you Google for 'VW Classic Parts' - alternatively they have an agent here in the UK 'VW Heritage' and they independently have been getting some parts reproduced / remanufactured. All I can say is, try and find as complete a car (in terms of trim, etc and not needing bodywork!) as you can.

Corrado Sunderlands was my old one it was trashed somewhere between me selling it in spain and the UK. I saw it at brunt a few years back looked a right mess, broke my heart. the muppet destroyed that car and what was good and rare about it. would have been worth a fortune as it was top spec Aircon electric windows etc.

Good to see you still around guys, not sure what I'm going to do. head and heart, and wallet and all that lol

pity the UK G60's were all four seaters unlike the Jet that had no rear arm rest!! got three kids lol

Can someone pull on old thread from the archive http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57 ?