GrahamU

All these wheeler dealer programs are rubbish !!

Been looking for a new daily and would like a Golf R, 3dr with DSG.

I called a couple of traders and been told that they dont negotiate on price at all, whats all that about, who pays the price in the window for a second hand car ?

I have cash and no trade in so I thought I'd be ok.

Is that how the second hand market is going now?

I think you're wasting your time trying to negotiate on price over the phone without even having to have gone to see the thing. I can tell you now that even as a private seller, if someone did that to me, I wouldn't be interested.

Turn up, look around the car, and point out your concerns and then talk about the sale price. Given the high road tax on R32's I'd be surprised if pre-owned out of warranty examples are flying off the forecourts of dealers, and especially with christmas approaching, I'd be amazed if one wouldn't do a deal with you in person.

If you want to haggle you need to turn up, it shows your intent to buy.....

On a different note there are some good deals on new veedubs at the moment.

VW uk are subbing dealers to shift stock.

There's some good deals on Mk7 Golfs at certain dealers but you will have to shop around. My daily is now a Mk7 Golf GTi PP with DSG. Earlier this month I bought a one year old car with 9,000 miles for £8k below new list price.

There's some good deals on Mk7 Golfs at certain dealers but you will have to shop around. My daily is now a Mk7 Golf GTi PP with DSG. Earlier this month I bought a one year old car with 9,000 miles for £8k below new list price.

I thought that may happen. I went to a VW dealer to buy some parts for the Corrado recently and the showroom was like a wasteland. They must be suffering a bit from all the bad emissions publicity.