MZpog

Alternative wiper arms - which ones fit?

As winter is upon us I thought I might upgrade my wiper arms so I can see where I'm going. My current arms are fitted with flat blades that work fine up to about 70mph then get a bit of lift.

I understand Lupo GTI arms fit and heard TT arms might too.

So what fits/works and would I need new blades or do the original blade?

PS, anyone got a set?

Thanks for that, I knew I'd seen it somewhere but search didn't work for me this morning (probably due to work computer).

From a post on hear I fitted BMW E30 Wiper arms 100% improvement cheaper alternative and still looks OEM with only slight modification but you have to increase size of blade to 22"

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?84674-BMW-e30-wipers-fit-perfect

I always fancied an E30 M but having seen how much they go for, the wiper arms are probably all I can afford. I might give this a go as Audi arms are about £130 all in.

You can also fit non-GTI Lupo arms, fit perfectly cheap blades and can be had for pennies at the scrappy.

From a post on hear I fitted BMW E30 Wiper arms 100% improvement cheaper alternative and still looks OEM with only slight modification but you have to increase size of blade to 22"

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?84674-BMW-e30-wipers-fit-perfect

Thanks so much for this. Fitted them at the weekend and 100% improvement on the originals. Currently got the 20" blades on but will grab some 22" soon for even more vision.

Show us some pics! :)

Now fitted with 22" blades.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82766[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82767[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82768[/ATTACH]

Those are E30 arms? They look like Lupo or TT with the Aero blades.

E30 arms and fitted with bosch aerotwin flat blades. Arms cost me £18 (ebay) and the blades £25(Halfords trade) = great cheap upgrade

They look very close together when they are at the rest position. They dont hit each other do they?

They look very close together when they are at the rest position. They dont hit each other do they?

Not at all. Honestly one of the best mods done so far as visibility in this weather has much improved.

E30 arms and fitted with bosch aerotwin flat blades. Arms cost me £18 (ebay) and the blades £25 (Halfords trade) = great cheap upgrade

Many Thanks, MZpog, for this really helpful commentary on your BMW E30 wiper arms and the 22" bosch aerotwin blades as a VFM cost-effective upgrade...

.. your thread updates & helpful Pics are much appreciated, as I'm currently going through this dilemma between E30 VFM vs going for the much-more-costly TT arms

Hi, does anyone have any pics on where the washers should be placed to stop wipers rubbing on the bonnet please?

I have reviewed the original thread which had pics but I'm still struggling to work out where the put them!

Thanks!!

You won't get a photograph of the washer as it goes under the scuttle.

Basically, take the drivers side arm off and you'll see a 22mm (ish) nut that holds the mechanism in, remove it. Also remove a 10mm bolt thats on the wiper motor bracket. Once both removed you can push down on the bit the arm bolts to, slide in a 2mm washer onto the underside of the scuttle. Then fasten it all back together.

Fitted my e30 arms today. Much better and at about £100 cheaper. Typical the only day it isn't raining so had to use the washer. The amount of dirt it removed that was left behind by the old ones was shocking.

You won't get a photograph of the washer as it goes under the scuttle.

Basically, take the drivers side arm off and you'll see a 22mm (ish) nut that holds the mechanism in, remove it. Also remove a 10mm bolt thats on the wiper motor bracket. Once both removed you can push down on the bit the arm bolts to, slide in a 2mm washer onto the underside of the scuttle. Then fasten it all back together.

Perfect explanation - all done, thank you!