Rich the Chef

Fitting et25 offset wheels to a VR6

Well I've spent the last hour trawling through.. And still I'd like to know how I can get a set of wheels with an offset of 25 to clear my standard caliper carriers..

A set of spacers seem obvious but how thick? Do I need special ones with bolts or just longer bolts?

Help please...

I don't have the wheel answer but for narrower spacers upto around 15mm iirc buy them with extended bolts but above that you are better with spacers that bolt on your hubs then you use your normal wheel bolts.

I've got both on my daily, 10mm spacers on the front with longer bolts and 20mm spacers on the rear that bolt on the hub.

Fronts are H&R and rears Stance.

Only get hubcentric.

How much clearance do you need?

ET 25 plus a 10mm spacer and you're affectively ET15 and hitting the arches.

Sometimes you can clearance the calipers themselves to give a little more room

Thanks for the help.

I dug around my boxes of pieces and found some 5mm thick spacers. This seems to have done it.. I'll make sure tomorrow. Then the plan will be to buy a pair of hub centric spacers. Would I need to go up 5mm with the wheel bolt length too?

I would say your normal bolts would be fine but just make sure you torque them correctly and ivecread that a few people use thread lock which I've not used but will use when I put my spacers back on after I take my winter wheels off.

What wheels are trying to fit ? Standard VR6 speedlines are et 43 from memory ( please correct if I'm wrong) so your et 25 will clear standard brakes unless your running negative et wheels

It depends on the shape of the spokes at the rear, some curve into and hit the caliper

I wouldn't recommend thread lock on wheel bolts just the correct torque setting. Wheel bolts are designed to tighten as the wheels go round so that added to thread lock could seize the bolts in place.

I wouldn't recommend thread lock on wheel bolts just the correct torque setting. Wheel bolts are designed to tighten as the wheels go round so that added to thread lock could seize the bolts in place.

That's what I thought when I read the thread but there was loads that were sweating by thread lock ?

I torqued mine correctly and checked them at the end of the week.

The wheels are Dare RS ones.8x16.

I checked the front wheel today and it's scoring on the caliper carrier. Only a small score line so I'm going to use my grinder and flatten the carrier face a small amount. In effect shave a millimetre off it or so.

It's either that or 8mm spacers and some 32mm bolts?