MikeVR6

FS: Passat Sunroof Seal

Packaging opened but unused. Bought in error. Please check the profile of your existing seal matches this one before ordering.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82727[/ATTACH]

For Passat "35i" B3/B4 1988 - 1996

£35 inc P&P.

Packaging opened but unused. Bought in error. Please check the profile of your existing seal matches this one before ordering.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82727[/ATTACH]

For Passat "35i" B3/B4 1988 - 1996

£35 inc P&P.

still got this ?

I think so. Either in the boot of the car or the garage. Let me look over the weekend.

Like I said in the Ad, make sure it's the same profile as the one on the car. I made that mistake.

Reason for asking is I've just picked up a b4 moon roof so assume this would be OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Pete. That was the same mistake I made. This is for a B4 SOLID roof. I'll look out the part # for the glass roof and post back.

357877209A From a Golf.

Make a Google Image search and you'll see images with the profile of the seal. Check that against yours.

ah yes I see the difference - cant believe how much they are for a bit of rubber!! jeeeez - think I'll just have to make do unless you are aware of anywhere that can source these cheaper?

whats the profile of the seal - i'm sure it must be available as a standard or a very-close-to-standard profile? The issue is if its too thick it wont close and if its too loose it wont seal, although i find it hard to believe that that is indeed a water tight seal. Is there a rain collection tray in the sunroof cassette?

I just had a look through my sunroof in the closed position, with the headliner and inner panel removed and i could clearly see light shining through. About 1mm wide around the sunroof seal

Edit: sorry, this is a For Sale thread, i'll try and shift this to an Interior thread instead. You can tell what area of the car i'm working on from my recent posts!!

Indeed, the seal's designed to be water resistant rather than water tight, there's a rain tray and 4 drains around the corners of the roof. My seal was totally perished and I was getting a lot of water, even from a light shower and lots of wind noise too.

Edited by MikeVR6

Reason is I've just got a mk3 cassette and a Passat b4 glass and was just freshening it up but the price of the seal is double that I've paid

Assume I can replace at a later date without removing the roof lining again ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the glass is only held on by 4 torx you can access from inside the car. You'll need to adjust it a few times via these anyway to get it level with the roof and cut down the wind noise.